Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Wales v England, Wrexham. 27/10/2012 K.O. 2.30pm

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#41 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

"And someone's in in the corner" FFS I don't want to moan, I really don't - I want this tournament to cach the imagination but please put French out to grass!

#42 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

I've just had a look at a couple of club boards on RLFans, and what troubles me is that the arguments don't even make sense.

They're watching on TV, but apparently it's ###### because England are obviously going to win. What exactly are the RFL to do? Kneecap Sinfield and Ryan Hall before kick-off, and insist they play?

They're watching on TV, but apparently it's ###### because there's no-one there. What exactly are the RFL to do? Give out 14,000 free tickets before kick-off and coerce locals into the ground? If they did, they'd have Canetman, Northern Sol and Oiseau harping on about a rent-a-crowd.

It's just pathetic people with nothing better to do having a whinge because the internet allows them a platform to do so. And it isn't half depressing.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#43 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

it's rugby league. It's on the BBC. It's on a Saturday afternoon. What's there to moan about? Honestly.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#44 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

He's no Lomax. :)
Enjoying the game. The crowd's ok for a game without context save as preparation for next year.
Wales will be better for the last 2 weeks. I wonder if there are any NRL Taffs?
Great to see Watkins go so well. One of our problem positions solved.
With Hardaker looking so good at 1 perhaps we could play Sam in the halves?
Some great skill and athleticism on show.
Been a great week for international RL.

#45 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,344 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

An irony free thread, thank goodness. Full of people moaning about moaners.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#46 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

An irony free thread, thank goodness. Full of people moaning about moaners.

You can say that if you like. Personally it almost makes me sack RL. Its not like its just this year - they were at it last year and every year.

I can't stand it.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#47 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Baby Josh looks the part. I would have played Briscoe ahead of him - maybe Briscoe will get a run next week?
In Hardacre, Sam, Watkins, Reed, Briscoe, Baby and Hall we have the makings of a good back 5. Widdop and Sinny perhaps in he halves.
My one major concern is the 9 13 combination. Just not sure that Roby and Lockers would work...
Happy days.

#48 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,344 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

You can say that if you like. Personally it almost makes me sack RL. Its not like its just this year - they were at it last year and every year.

I can't stand it.

It's ferking simple mate. Don't torture yourself by reading garbage. Just watch the game and enjoy.

#49 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Even at 68-12, Hock feels the need to act like a s***house.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#50 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Hock in unnecessary bust up shocker. As McDermott would say "he's just not that sort of player".

#51 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

It's ferking simple mate. Don't torture yourself by reading garbage. Just watch the game and enjoy.

Not always mate. And even if I ignore it, the fact so many people have this attitude depresses me. It makes me wonder if they are actually the majority.

#52 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,344 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Not always mate. And even if I ignore it, the fact so many people have this attitude depresses me. It makes me wonder if they are actually the majority.

Even folk who post consistently negative stuff which I nearly always disagree with still do care deeply about the game however odd that may appear. I think the internet in general gives a skewed view of the majority view.

There are some posters on here who go looking for doom & gloom posts to get indignant about.

BTW who said it'd be 14 tries to 2?? Spot on at the mo

#53 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

He's no Lomax. :)

#54 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,135 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

I know what you mean mate. But lots of people doing the slating are ex or current players.

OK its not a world shaking event but ffs it gets on my ####.

Was surprised to see George Riley slating it, despite his employers broadcasting the event, he was saying he doesn't see the point of this game or the series.

I'll remind him of this next time he is banging on about a RU or Football game when one team wins easily.

#55 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Looking forward to seeing Ben Evans play for Wales.... Rated highly by Wires, injuries have been a concern... But everyone are hopeful he'll make it.

Match predication. A battering for Wales Maybe 14 tries to England a couple for Wales.

Wow!
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death

#56 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Was surprised to see George Riley slating it, despite his employers broadcasting the event, he was saying he doesn't see the point of this game or the series.

I'll remind him of this next time he is banging on about a RU or Football game when one team wins easily.

It is just as meaningful as the RU 6 nations.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#57 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

It is just as meaningful as the RU 6 nations.

The problem is you dont see enormous scorelines like todays in the six nations despite the fact that Scotland are worse than Wales at RL.

There has been an intrinsic problem with our rules since we ditched the 5m rule and competitive scrums. The best team on paper generally wins and with a large margin. You only see close games when teams are VERY evenly matched. Shocks are rarer than rocking horse ####

#58 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Wow!

Wish I'd put my money on it!!

I await OF to till me the odds on that predication.

#59 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

The problem is you dont see enormous scorelines like todays in the six nations despite the fact that Scotland are worse than Wales at RL.

There has been an intrinsic problem with our rules since we ditched the 5m rule and competitive scrums. The best team on paper generally wins and with a large margin. You only see close games when teams are VERY evenly matched. Shocks are rarer than rocking horse ####

Wales and Ireland always but always lose to the All Blacks. But the stadiums are always full.

How come when they know they will lose ?

#60 silcoates

silcoates
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

no crowd because everybody knows its going to be a slaughter.what good does this do for welsh r.l.? But i'm sure super duper league with bradford and salford know what they are doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users