Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Wales v England, Wrexham. 27/10/2012 K.O. 2.30pm

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#81 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

But have some great tussles !

14 tries is a joke!!

Union fans love their rugby more than league fans........#### that hurts to type but it true, the attendances prove it.

Incorrect, union fans love international game and love the occasion more. A very very large majority of Twickenhamites never attend a club game
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#82 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Incorrect, union fans love international game and love the occasion more. A very very large majority of Twickenhamites never attend a club game

Sadly it is true in RL in reverse. Except RU fans also back big club games more too.
A large percentage of RL fans are full of hot air and can only ##### and criticise.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#83 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

one thing is for sure. wales will have a far better team for the WC. some stronger SL and NRL players are a definite.

also i must say i enjoyed the game and felt that we need to stick with stuff like this to allow wales to develop. the france v wales game last week was a good advert for the game. we also need to stick with this or a similar format to ensure wales and france have certainty of competition. over time there can be a 4th team added by the winners of the tournament below

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#84 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Wales last year had Briers, White, Lennon and Emmitt in that squad.

Without trying to be demeaning, theres your problem . Apart from Briers, your average casual sports fan would say "who ?" .

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#85 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Can somebody please explain this.....

A random person has supported (let's say) Widnes all their life and therefore quite obviously love the game of RL. That person settles down to watch England v Wales on the telly (obviously wouldn't attend), sees the display and immediately thinks "that was rubbish, I know I think I'll go on to Twitter and Facebook and let the whole world know how rubbish our game is. In fact I am going to slag off next years RL World Cup at the same time"

What on earth is the though process that makes someone do that?

Maybe Chris Irvine could help me answer?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#86 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Sadly it is true in RL in reverse. Except RU fans also back big club games more too.
A large percentage of RL fans are full of hot air and can only ##### and criticise.

Spot on

Posted Image

#87 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Without trying to be demeaning, theres your problem . Apart from Briers, your average casual sports fan would say "who ?" .

They wouldn't say "who" with more fixtures like this though on prime time bbc

Posted Image

#88 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

A random person has supported (let's say) Widnes all their life and therefore quite obviously love the game of RL. That person settles down to watch England v Wales on the telly (obviously wouldn't attend), sees the display and immediately thinks "that was rubbish, I know I think I'll go on to Twitter and Facebook and let the whole world know how rubbish our game is. In fact I am going to slag off next years RL World Cup at the same time"

Absolutely.

#89 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

sThank god the choir stayed on to watch or we would have been on our own.

Anyone who moans about the crowd (Facebook etc.) and was not there themselves is not fit to be called a supporter and should be ashamed of themselves.

Some good points were the number of Welsh supporters; the Welsh accents around me knowledgeable discussing Gareth Ellis return and other topics and hearing Welsh spoken at at rugby match.

Official crowd announcement at 4014 for the moaners

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#90 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm posting about the internationals on this thread not individual club games.

Someone was asking why the Irish or welsh bother when playing the all blacks as they always get beat.. Hence my response!

#91 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Basically, the mindset of the average RL fan is such that we're damned if we do, and we're damned if we don't. If the scoreline had been closer and England had to work for it, they'd say "we're rubbish, we'll get murdered by the Aussies". We win by a cricket score and it's "pointless game, Wales are rubbish, what's the point".

England should be beating Wales by a wide margin, given the difference in personnel. I've not seen much of the game as I was out watching the Sonics in the Challenge Cup, but it seemed like England did some good things and made some mistakes. Pretty much what you'd expect from a game like this.

Having these games on terrestrial TV is a good thing. Hopefully we'll see a fair chunk of the World Cup on the BBC.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#92 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

They wouldn't say "who" with more fixtures like this though on prime time bbc

Good for the BBC for screening the fixture live, I am not sure however that the viewers would have learnt much about any of the Welsh players as the coverage was all about Hardaker, Sinfield and Tomkins!
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#93 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,664 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Wish I'd put my money on it!!

I await OF to till me the odds on that predication.

It would have to have been a winning score margin for England and I would guess a 61-70 point winning margin would have been around 12/1 and 66-70 winning margin around 25/1. Those are complete guesses, you might have got better or worse odds from different bookies but a big England win was expected.

And you edited your post after kick off so it would be null and void anyway. :P

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#94 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

It would have to have been a winning score margin for England and I would guess a 61-70 point winning margin would have been around 12/1 and 66-70 winning margin around 25/1. Those are complete guesses, you might have got better or worse odds from different bookies but a big England win was expected.

And you edited your post after kick off so it would be null and void anyway. :P

Yep, just browny didn't understand my Ben Evans point so edited it..... Number of tries didn't change
Thanks for your response.... Should've had a tenner, could of bought a wakey season ticket :P

#95 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

And also maybe answer why other people look on Twitter and see these comments and then come on a forum like this to moan about these people moaning on Twitter? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#96 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

And also maybe answer why other people look on Twitter and see these comments and then come on a forum like this to moan about these people moaning on Twitter? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There are umpteen more people read things on twitter than read this. If people read RL people slating the game non stop they are going to think it is a load of rubbish.

There's nothing wrong with someone saying 'this game is boring' but it goes deeper than that. Its non stop whining and to be honest makes me feel like walking away from the game.

#97 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

There are umpteen more people read things on twitter than read this. If people read RL people slating the game non stop they are going to think it is a load of rubbish.

There's nothing wrong with someone saying 'this game is boring' but it goes deeper than that. Its non stop whining and to be honest makes me feel like walking away from the game.

Give over. There's thousands go on Twitter and Facebook and "moan" about England soccer teams performances calling it rubbish, etc, and calling individual players, and the cricket team and dare I say it the rugby union team.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#98 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Give over. There's thousands go on Twitter and Facebook and "moan" about England soccer teams performances calling it rubbish, etc, and calling individual players, and the cricket team and dare I say it the rugby union team.

One grand canyon sized difference: they are successful big international sports. Their internationals are always full - regardless of the opposition. RL is full of whingers and BS merchants who would rather spend time slating others efforts to grow the international scene than get off their ass and back the national side by attending a game.

#99 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

It looked like Wales were unable to summon the intensity of the previous week; in Lens their defence was superb for 70 minutes, this week England could score at will. There were solid performances from the English forwards and it was good to see all the backs getting involved and making the most of their opportunities. The one disappointment was Myler who probably played himself out of the World Cup squad. Incidentally why were the BBC referring to Charnley scoring four tries on his England debut? Do they not regard the Exiles fixture as a proper cap?

nonsense. the link between both halves was excellent, and Mylers passing game was in the main excellent with a few great defence splitters.
Go back and watch again how many tries he was involved in and also keep an eye on his excellent defence.

#100 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,959 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Well I predicted that England would get a cricket score against either of last week's teams, so I'm half way there.
Hock and Ellis broke the Wales line seemingly at will, Sinfield distributed to Englands very classy outside backs. Wales had no chance. Their try in the first half was iffy to say the least and their try in the second half came on the back of a string of penalties. But who's complaining? Let's see what happens at Hull.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users