Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

England v France 3rd Nov

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#1 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,023 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Given the forum's evangelism for the International game, I thought I'd seek information.

Anyone going?

Tickets on the gate?

Car parking?

#2 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Travelling up from Sunny east London to see this, and visit the outlaws (two birds with one stone so to speak).. looking forward to it. Bet its gonna be bloody freezing though!!, especially as its in the east!

Edited by EastLondonMike, 27 October 2012 - 03:51 PM.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,969 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Working so can't make it. Going to the final though.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#4 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 895 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

thinking about it

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,883 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

two birds with one stone

I hope one of them is a robin.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

I hope one of them is a robin.

International discussion, or for Hull fan to obsess with Rovers.

Get yourself to Craven Park next Saturday and support international rugby.

#7 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Tickets arrived in the post this morning. We'll be there.

Wear a thick coat, it'll make Wrexham today seem like Catalans away in June in comparison. Plenty of on street parking and I'm looking forward to being in the big terrace down the side, rather than in the tosh terrace about two miles away behind the sticks.

Expecting England to build on today's performance.

#8 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

It will be interesting to see how France go about this game. Do they throw everything at England hoping to give them a shock? Or will they be affected knowing they are playing them again the week after?

#9 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

It will be interesting to see how France go about this game. Do they throw everything at England hoping to give them a shock? Or will they be affected knowing they are playing them again the week after?

I expect they will treat it like England did the Wales one, focus on the systems and processes they want to employ, rather than worry about the result or opposition. This match is ideal preparation for both sides going in to the final. They don't get many chances to play together as a team and this is one where they can practice in 'real time' without worrying too much about the result.

#10 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Can't make this one unfortunately, have a date with a large skip and an old kitchen to prepare for the builders Monday.
Will have the tv on good and loud though .

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#11 matthew walker rl

matthew walker rl
  • Facebook
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Not sure on how this game will sell considering the teams play one and other in Salford the following week.

Anyways, I have been loving this Autumn International Series so far with some really good rugby being played so I hope it is continued next Saturday.

#12 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

im off to this one as its likley to be the only real contest at least for the first half.
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#13 matthew walker rl

matthew walker rl
  • Facebook
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Not many tickets left. Sold out in the South Stand and the majority of the West Stand.

#14 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Not many tickets left. Sold out in the South Stand and the majority of the West Stand.

Who in their right mind would choose to stand at the south end of the ground over the East Stand?
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#15 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

I'm going with a load of my mates. We'll be in the east stand getting jovially tanked up. Don't worry, we're not hoodlums, we're celebrating my turning 25. I accept congratulations in the form of pints and burgers so if anyone is coming we'll be on the half way line haha!!

#16 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

east stand also..!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#17 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Not sure on how this game will sell considering the teams play one and other in Salford the following week.

Seeing as most Rugby League supporters seem to find it a hardship to get from the car to the kerb there shouldn't be too much of an overlap between east and west.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#18 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Due to a change in a family get-together, I can make it to this game. It looks like the east stand is the place to be. I will be travelling by train and bus, so I can have a pint or two, and will probably wear my Salford shirt, sad old git that I am!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,883 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

International discussion, or for Hull fan to obsess with Rovers.

Don't be so bloody soft. It was just a bit of humour. If my posts were as bitter as yours often are then you'd have summat to moan about.

As for the game, I'm thinking about meeting up with Tonyxiii and Mick Gledhill and may even get HKR away days a beer.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#20 brooza

brooza
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

What's the closest train station?
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users