Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

England v France 3rd Nov

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#21 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Paragon in the city centre. If you then decide to travel by bus take the 42 and alight at the Marfleet Lane shops and walk the short distance, or the 43 and get off outside the ground. A taxi will cost you around £8.

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

A taxi will cost you around £8.

Sod that!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#23 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Don't be so bloody soft. It was just a bit of humour. If my posts were as bitter as yours often are then you'd have summat to moan about.

As for the game, I'm thinking about meeting up with Tonyxiii and Mick Gledhill and may even get HKR away days a beer.

Aw so sensitive.

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,889 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Sod that!

[Obsessed mode]It's due to the higher insurance premiums they have to pay once they've crossed the river.[/Obsessed mode.]

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#25 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Don't be so bloody soft. It was just a bit of humour. If my posts were as bitter as yours often are then you'd have summat to moan about.

As for the game, I'm thinking about meeting up with Tonyxiii and Mick Gledhill and may even get HKR away days a beer.

You're all more than welcome to come stand with us, lads. We'll also be distributing leaflets about the Rovers Supporters Trust around 90 minutes before kick off. Then the drinking can commence.

Darren Lockyer is at KC's Carr Lane office on Friday afternoon with the World Cup. I've just applied through work to go have my picture taken with him.

#26 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

1.tomkins
2.charnley
3.watkins
4.abblet
5.briscoe
6.chase
7.ratchford
8.hill
9.lunt
10.morley
11.ellis
12.hock
13.sinfield

14.harrison
15.burrow
16.burgess
17.farrell

#27 brooza

brooza
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

1.tomkins
2.charnley
3.watkins
4.abblet
5.briscoe
6.chase
7.ratchford
8.hill
9.lunt
10.morley
11.ellis
12.hock
13.sinfield

14.harrison
15.burrow
16.burgess
17.farrell

That would surprise me
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#28 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,050 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

there is some good news and some bad news. You decide.

1. The RFL are now £6 better off as I have just bought a ticket.
2 I will be using the ticket in person.

Now can anyone tell me
- the best place to park
- the best bus to catch
- if I can use my bus pass

#29 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,889 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Now can anyone tell me
- the best place to park
- the best bus to catch

As long as your manners have improved since Edinburgh, that won't be a problem.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#30 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Now can anyone tell me
- the best place to park
- the best bus to catch

You can park in the car park at Craven Park (there will be a charge, probably a fiver), or in Soccer Sensations. For Soc Sens, approach the stadium as usual down Poorhouse Lane but instead of turning into the car park turn right and you hit a private road and it is at the bottom. They generally charge a couple of quid. Alternatively, there will be a car park next to the supermarket on Preston Road where the old school used to be, or just park on Preston Road itself.

The best buses as 42 and 43. If you catch the 42 get off at the Marfleet Lane shops; the 43 drops you off outside the stadium.

If you are traveling from outside of the city I'm not too sure, I'd ring your own council just to check but once you're in Hull you should be fine to use your bus pass mate.

Hope that helps.

#31 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,050 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hope that helps.

yes it does..much appreciated

#32 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

No problem, mate. It is fairly straight forward, just hold your breath as you travel through west Hull ;)

#33 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Match ticket ordered and on its way courtesy of the Royal Mail. Train tickets in pocket. Get into Paragon at 5 to 1, 43 bus to Preston Road at 1:00, should be at the ground about 1:30.

See you all on Saturday.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#34 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Are you coming along by yourself Tony?

#35 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Are you coming along by yourself Tony?

Yep. Travelling up on my ownsome lonesome, but hoping to meet up with Mick and OF at the ground. You too, if you spot me - I'll be wearing my 2011 Salford shirt, red with white vee. Looking forward to meeting as many TRLers as possible.

edit. Ticket is for the East Stand.

Edited by tonyXIII, 30 October 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#36 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,889 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Yep. Travelling up on my ownsome lonesome, but hoping to meet up with Mick and OF at the ground. You too, if you spot me - I'll be wearing my 2011 Salford shirt, red with white vee. Looking forward to meeting as many TRLers as possible.

edit. Ticket is for the East Stand.

Not 100% that I'll be going yet but it's most likely and, if so, will meet you at Paragon Station Tony.

Can't have you wandering into deepest darkest East Hull on your own, your contributions on here will be sadly missed should anything happen to you. ;)

#37 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Not 100% that I'll be going yet but it's most likely and, if so, will meet you at Paragon Station Tony.

Can't have you wandering into deepest darkest East Hull on your own, your contributions on here will be sadly missed should anything happen to you. ;)

You make it sound like a foreign land. :o

Will I need my passport? ;)

Maybe if I bring beer tokens, I can barter with the natives. Looking forward to it. :)

#38 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Now can anyone tell me
- the best place to park
- the best bus to catch

best place to park if your going to hull. grimsby
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#39 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,889 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

best place to park if your going to hull. grimsby

The irony of that, coming from a Leeds fan, is that you then would actually see examples of "codheads" that they're always banging on about.

#40 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

The irony of that, coming from a Leeds fan, is that you then would actually see examples of "codheads" that they're always banging on about.

thought you would apreciate it .
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users