England v France 3rd Nov

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#61 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

I was gonna walk up on the day but the news around tickets running out has meant I've gone online and bought some, which I guess supports the move to a smaller ground to really drive demand.

I read on Super League website that capacity has been reduced to less than 7k?
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#62 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,785 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

If this is true, and I've no reason to doubt it, then someone should give the rfl a big on the back for their choice of venue. A full stadium must be a boost for the game.

If this game is close, then next week's game could sell out, too. Happy days.

The "Less than 1K ticlets left" quote came from Steve Macnamara on Blunderside tonight.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#63 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

The key for the french team is lack of mistakes and taking chances created by bosc, duport needs to play true to his superleague form. I see a 32 - 12 win to the english france to be in game till 60 minute mark then get overun.

#64 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

French squad for the game
Stacul, Pala, Duport, Larroyer, Bosc, W. Barthau, Gigot, Casty, Raguin, Mounis, Bemba, Baitieri, Pélissier, Fakir, Simon, Cardace (Dragons Catalans), Elima (Bradford-ANG), Griffi (Lézignan), K. Bentley, Soubeyras (Pia).
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#65 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

England are been given a 42 point head start (http://www.rlbet.co....rday-3-november), I can see it been closer than that this week at least.

#66 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

France won at Headingley in 1990 Monsieur , also a win and adraw in the mid 80's...

Indeed, France 25 GB 18 in 1990. This was the last time France defeated any of the "big three" (though they did manage a 16-16 draw with New Zealand in Palmerston North, NZ, in 1995).

#67 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,785 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

England are been given a 42 point head start.

That's certainly worth a few bob, can't see the French overturning that.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#68 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Indeed, France 25 GB 18 in 1990. This was the last time France defeated any of the "big three" (though they did manage a 16-16 draw with New Zealand in Palmerston North, NZ, in 1995).

And were applauded off the pitch by the South Stand, which doesn't happen very often to visiting teams!

#69 brooza

brooza
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

######, I was planning on rolling up and paying at the gate.

As was I, but I've decided not to risk it and bought one yesterday
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#70 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

The key for the french team is lack of mistakes and taking chances created by bosc, duport needs to play true to his superleague form. I see a 32 - 12 win to the english france to be in game till 60 minute mark then get overun.

Yeah I'd go with that. Shortest odds are for winning margin of 31-40, next at 41-50. Those high scores quoted were all I think mid season games. The two autumn ones were at Doncaster where they led at the break 12-6 and last year at Avignon. But yes they need to hold on to the ball a lot better than at Lens. Duports had an excellent season spoilt by his last three performance against Wigan,Leeds & Wales. Everybody will be nervous in Bar Felix on Place Carnot tomorrow. Allez le Treize!
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#71 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Good to see Les Bleus lining up in, erm, blue. I really hope they can put in a big performance, even a win, and set up a big finale next week.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#72 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Good to see Les Bleus lining up in, erm, blue. I really hope they can put in a big performance, even a win, and set up a big finale next week.

I must have turned on the wrong game, since Dave Woods has referred to the team in blue as the 'Welsh' on two occasions already.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#73 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Why is hall playing on the right?? Thought he played left!

JJB at loose forward, I'll never understand banana

Great try

England 54 frogs 12.

#74 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Why is hall playing on the right?? Thought he played left!

JJB at loose forward, I'll never understand banana

Great try

England 54 frogs 12.

he scored his two wonder tries on the right at Wembley last year.

Nothing to see here.

#75 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

French hard done to with that penalty.

#76 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Too many errors from trying too hard. Tomkins probably over keen on his return and Hock probably trying to impress the Eels!

Need to stick to their structure.

#77 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Even though it's a few years since he played for Leeds, it seems Ellis still qualifies for the 'he's not that kind of player' immunity enjoyed by Kylie Leuluai among others.

#78 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Indeed. Thought it was quite bad tbh and the French lad isnt in great shape.

#79 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Millward likes the sound of his own voice. Wish hed pipe down and be the 2nd commentator. Woods is hardly getting a word in.

#80 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

he scored his two wonder tries on the right at Wembley last year.

Nothing to see here.

Sorry I only asked a question, who put you in charge??

And it was a genuine question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users