Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

England v France 3rd Nov

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#101 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

It just shows how neutral referees (an i dont mean Silverwood or Ganson hoping to keep the moaning aussies happy to secure their annual trip to Aus for the Aztec game) can improve a game. There have been a few decisions that looked dody but compared to what the Aussies get given to then when they play it has been pretty good.

#102 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,104 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

There goes another penalty.

The thing is, we will not get a bean against the Aussies so why cant these games be reffed in a sinilar fashion to get us used to getting sod all

whilst i do think the ref has been too keen to penalise loose carries, i dont think theres been too much of an issue.

The problem is that a team losing the collision will be on the backfoot and be prone to giving penalties. Usually against the Aussies we are the team on the backfoot. Without ignoring things Im not sure what the answer is.

#103 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

What about the head shots the Aussies get away with - I'm thinking Tony Williams decapitating someone in the last series and not being walked

Anyway, the ref hasn't had much to do really

#104 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

What about the head shots the Aussies get away with - I'm thinking Tony Williams decapitating someone in the last series and not being walked

Bennie Westwood still dreams about that game

#105 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,104 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

its an area i dont like in Test matches. Ellis has just got away with a tackle which has sent a French lad to hospital on a stretcher in a neck brace.

#106 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

20 - 0 at half time. I feel England coasted through the half. Was too many errors by England also. I'm watching and I don't think the game is relevant to the standard are going to have to play at to win next year. The just isn't enough intensity from England whatsoever, we're winning the collision nearly 75% percent of the time, the play after the win in the tackle we need someone steaming onto the ball every time. Against Aus and NZ every win in the tackle with and without the ball needs to be taken advantage of, if we're defending we take advantage of the extra time allowed at the play the ball and the defencive line is set and moves up quickly to win the collision again, and what I said earlier in attack. Ellis is one of the few players who does this consistently, its been drilled into him in the NRL and its also why Luke Burgess is much improved. We need to get more intense in attack and defence which we arnt showing in this game.

I'm very impressed with the three quarters, Hall Briscoe and Tomkins are all massive threats returning the ball whilst Cudjoe and especially Watkins are athletic and very strong although helped by poor french defence.

Half backs have done their job but i feel the errors need to be cut out and the intensity upped abit. Hoping for a better second half.

#107 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I agree

#108 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

its an area i dont like in Test matches. Ellis has just got away with a tackle which has sent a French lad to hospital on a stretcher in a neck brace.

It wasn't dirty !!

The injury is sad, but the tackle was hard and the player was falling.

International or club match irrelevant

#109 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Don't forget Thurston knocking someone out cold and being given MOM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#110 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,104 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

It wasn't dirty !!

it was certainly high and knocked the player clean out.

#111 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Carl Ablett loves to have his hands in and around the tackled players face!

#112 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

It wasn't dirty !!

it was certainly high and knocked the player clean out.

Falling into a strong arm which hits the head - my opinion

#113 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

What on earth is going on?

England get a penalty for nothing, then move the ball left where a man is blatantly taken out, followed by a try from a pass that went about 5 yards forward.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#114 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,104 posts

Should have been no try for mine.

#115 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,768 posts

What is the ##### point in giving us everything when it is 26-0????!

Ruining the game and ruining RL

#116 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

50/50 call to me
Ellis certainly wasn't making any effort to lower his hit and was swinging his arm into the tackle

That the defender was sucking might just have helped Ellis out

That said the more this game goes on the less impressed i am with the ref.

#117 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Ablett losses the ball whilst punching a player in the head and then gets a penalty, i suppse he is used to getting easy calls like that playing for Leeds

#118 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,104 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

50/50 call to me
Ellis certainly wasn't making any effort to lower his hit and was swinging his arm into the tackle

That the defender was sucking might just have helped Ellis out

That said the more this game goes on the less impressed i am with the ref.

yep. some of his decisions at the ruck are becoming random now.

#119 fcl

fcl
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

France is not helped by the referee
www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

#120 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Bentley and Mounis have slowed everything up for France today. It's a shame because I like Mounis as a hard-working backrower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users