• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hola, help needed.

Basically the oven won't cook on fan assisted but by the looks of it only the grill works. Can this be mended? Cost wise is it worth mending.

Many Thanks,

MM

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#2 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,215 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Your oven will have two electric ring elements ... one for the overhead grill; one behind a plate at the back of the oven that sits in front of the fan. I had to replace my back ring ( :ph34r: :excl: :excl: :lol: ) once a few years ago; it was straightforward and the unit cost me about £50 from Transpart in Bradford. I had to order the part but it only took a few days.

Transpart is nowadays on St Enoch's Road, Wibsey, just down from the Dog and Gun. Otherwise, Transpart themselves or Reyner Domestics (down Manchester Road) will provide and fit a replacement pretty cheaply.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#3 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,924 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

What Wolford said. I've had to replace our element twice in 6 years. Easy to do, a few screws in the back and jobs a good un.

Edited by Severus, 28 October 2012 - 07:26 AM.

Fides invicta triumphat

#4 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

What Wolford said. I've had to replace our element twice in 6 years. Easy to do, a few screws in the back and jobs a good un.

Cool. Will have a look.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#5 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Cool. Will have a look.

The cool ones are rubbish except for sushi.

LUNEW.jpg

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,956 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

The cool ones are rubbish except for sushi.

Wow, always wondered how that was prepared.

How long does it take?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 From the South

From the South
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Following on from this our cooker element went and a "mate" said he would replace it but cut through the wires rather than unclip the old element. Is there anyway I can buy and replace these clips.

Thanks in advance

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,956 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Following on from this our cooker element went and a "mate" said he would replace it but cut through the wires rather than unclip the old element. Is there anyway I can buy and replace these clips.

Thanks in advance

Here you go.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cc360ba02

The crimps you need are in the second tray from the bottom on the left hand side. You'll need to cut about 5mm of insulation off the cables which might be a bit tricky as it'll be heat resistant but you should manage it. As he's cut the cables they may be a tad on the short side but hopefully you'll sort it.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

How long does it take?

Maybe I can help.

15 mins + 10 if you want it served on time.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,956 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Maybe I can help.

Hmmmpphh!

I rather doubt it.

#11 From the South

From the South
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thanks OF, very much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users