Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Futsal 2012/13 Season

Manchester

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Bit of an English Futsal first today (I think!) Manchester are broadcasting a live stream to there home against Leeds this afternoon, broadcast starts at 2.30 and kick off is 3pm at the Velodrome in Manchester.

They had a dummy run during last weeks match and all went well, looked like a serious set up produced by a sizeable crew.

Details here.

In another English first first Manchester have produced there own magazine for anyone interested in having a read, it can be found here.

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,964 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Olympic sport in 2020?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

Olympic sport in 2020?

Doubt it, if it didn't get picked up for the Rio games I can't see it anywhere to be honest!

The 2012 world cup kicks off on the 1st November though which should be a good watch.

#4 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Finished Manchester 6-1 Leeds, was tighter than it sounds.

Streaming seemed to go well, decent viewing figures for first time out, all sections of the pre-post and in game action are available here.

Don't think its unfair to say some of the lads are a bit camera shy when off the court!

#5 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Had the honour yesterday of being invited to photograph the England Partially Sighted Squad playing a warm up game against Liverpool ahead of there trip to Japan next month for the World Championships.

Cracking set of lads, played out a tough game in a fantastic venue, a few pics here

Elsewhere in English Futsal, the England team are going well ahead of next months European Qualifiers, a recent trip to Norway saw them come away with a win and a draw against higher ranked opposition in Denmark and Norway.

Domestically, the northern league is tight, with Sheffield leading the way, but Manchester, Middlesbrough and Leeds CYDC are all still in the race for the title and the introduction of the top 4 from the 3 regional leagues going into a 12 team National Super League (that name rings a bell!) has spiced things up right down the table.

Manchesters next fixture is January 13th, 5pm at the Velodrome against Liverpool in what promises to be a decent north west derby if anyone fancies it give me a shout for more details if you need them!

#6 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Manchester take on Liverpool at the Velodrome this afternoon, as the National League fixtures resume after the christmas break, streamed live from 4.45 (5pm Kick off) and available here.

Its the 4th game the Manchester College lads have broadcast, its a serious set up they bring down, a few pictures here showing behind the scenes, its a production cast of thousands!

#7 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

England v Lithuania tonight and tomorrow we play Cyprus in the European Championships qualifying stages.

Both games streamed live here, tonights kicks of at 4.30 UK time and I think tomorrow will be 1pm (the times on the website are local time in Lithuania).

#8 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

A stunning 4-3 victory for England last nightsets them up nicely for todays fixture against Cyprus, a few pics here more to follow.

#9 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,964 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I see those Cypriot fellows also tasted English spunk ...
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#10 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I see those Cypriot fellows also tasted English spunk ...

Haha, truly unbeliveable scenes here!

A nicer set of lads you couldn't wish to meet, did England proud tonight, I hear the feed was ropey, worked for some not others, roll on Turkey in March, in the mean time I believe theres a drunk English snapper wondering the streets of Kaunas without a proper coat on, good job its warmed up to -15!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users