RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mini rugby season

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wiganlad

wiganlad
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

I appreciate that it wasn't a great summer however looking at the poor weather today and that the fact that it will get worse as will the pitch conditions, I think more should have been done to keep the mini rugby season in the spring/summer.
Personally thought summer rugby for kids was one of the better decisions that the rl had made only for it to change again

#2 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

I appreciate that it wasn't a great summer however looking at the poor weather today and that the fact that it will get worse as will the pitch conditions, I think more should have been done to keep the mini rugby season in the spring/summer.
Personally thought summer rugby for kids was one of the better decisions that the rl had made only for it to change again

Not enjoyable at all today. Not 1 child looked happy to be playing in that !Good old British weather!

#3 wiganlad

wiganlad
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Cannot see how going back to winter rugby is the right thing to do, especially for the 8s and 10s. Watched a game yesterday when at least 2 kids wanted to come off due to the cold. Can someone explain the reason behind going back (apologies if this has been told in the past) as surely the positives outweigh the negatives in the case of the younger ones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users