Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Should the Wales head coach get sacked?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Wales head coach get sacked? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Wales head coach get sacked?

1. Yes (4 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

2. Depends on the performance at the World Cup (6 votes [17.14%])

Percentage of vote: 17.14%

3. Voted No (25 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 matthew walker rl

matthew walker rl
  • Facebook
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

After Wales's performance in the Autumn International Series and the fact he was putting down the team on British TV, should he be sacked?

#2 stewpot01

stewpot01
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

I think Harris should be given until after the WC, as for his criticism, probably just disappointment. However, given his comments regarding Tomkins been the best he has ever seen, then talking out of the back of his head (or some more suitable orifice) doesn't bode well for him been able to handle the pressure of the media.

We have to remember that the majority of the Welsh team are part-timers and I think replacing Briers will be a big pair of boots to fill.
Nobody - least of all me - will be shocked by the scoreline and fair play to the welsh for not dropping their heads.

If they get tanked in the WC then Harris should not have to wait to be pushed.

#3 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,400 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

TBH, this question shoudld not even be being asked.

Would sacking Harris improve Wales as a team? No.

Would sacking Harris improve Wales chances in the WC? No

Would sacking Harris satisfy the fans? I doubt it very much.

Would it be typical of the old regime to want to get rid of him just becuase of yesterday's result. Oh yes.

#4 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Why would Harris be sacked - for his inability to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse?

Just as when England fail to win the World Cup, sacking McNamara won't be the answer then, either.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

I think Harris did the best he could with the squad available to him. One good feature was that we have at least some genuine Welsh lads playing. They can only get better. We get ###### in RU but they always talk it up. It's time we gave our game a few quodos. Let be positive. We complain about lack of media coverage, if we think the game is poor then the coverage wont improve.

#6 stewpot01

stewpot01
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Why would Harris be sacked - for his inability to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse?

Just as when England fail to win the World Cup, sacking McNamara won't be the answer then, either.

What a Juvenile response.

#7 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

What a silly question..... If they sack Harris you can stop playing league in Wales.

#8 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Whether Iestyn Harris gets sacked is up to the Wales RL. It's nothing to do with the English fans.

Iestyn is doing a decent job.

Edited by Wolford6, 28 October 2012 - 02:10 PM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#9 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Whether Iestyn Harris gets sacked is up to the Wales RL. It's nothing to do with the English fans.

Iestyn is doing a decent job.

It's nothing to do with the English fans, ok, anything about Wales and bulls you comment on, everything else do one!!

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Cardiff Blues had 59 points stuck on them by Leinster yesterday. Five of the Blues team will almost certainly tour with the British Lions this summer and three will be in the test team.

Does that mean that the coach should get sacked? No, because he's only been there for nine games and is having to change the mentality of the club as well as the on-pitch performance.

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

It's nothing to do with the English fans, ok, anything about Wales and bulls you comment on, everything else do one!!

I apologise if my post seemed aggressive but the original premise of sacking Iestyn Harris after one bad result is a joke. Last week, everyone was saying how the Welsh were a promising team.

I never say what England should do; though I do comment on McNamara's selections. I always used to when he was at the Bulls as well!!

I don't pretend that I'm right and any given coach is wrong.

Salford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Cas and London have never won anything for about thirty years. Would it have improved their performance if, halfway through every season, they sacked their coaches?

#12 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

I apologise if my post seemed aggressive but the original premise of sacking Iestyn Harris after one bad result is a joke. Last week, everyone was saying how the Welsh were a promising team.

I never say what England should do; though I do comment on McNamara's selections. I always used to when he was at the Bulls as well!!

I don't pretend that I'm right and any given coach is wrong.

Salford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Cas and London have never won anything for about thirty years. Would it have improved their performance if, halfway through every season, they sacked their coaches?

No apology needed, your a great poster, just though I'd post a strong comment towards you.

Wales need to be left alone, there doing a great job north,south and internationally. I don't know what people expect.

There not far off France IMHO and you've beaten them a far few times in recent years.

Good day to you and continue to fly the flag for Wales, I think there great!!

A fellow poster on here Cofi...... Loves his rugby, his welsh rugby league and doesnt post on here anymore due to the bitterness towards others.... I say leave Harris, Wales and the cc1 to grow and Wales will surprise a few in years to come.

#13 sgorpioncaerdyddrob

sgorpioncaerdyddrob
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Was thinking which was the worst defensive effort of the weekend, rugby wise, Blues RU 1st half or Wales RL 2nd half? The joys of backing the underdog.
Cardiff Demons ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc
Cardiff Spartans ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/southcoastspartans

Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth! BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS......!

#14 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

What a Juvenile response.

I thank you for your expert line by line rebuttal of my assertions - I would have assumed, since you bothered to respond, that you would have had something specific to disagree with in my analysis, maybe even something sensible to add however, since you didn't, I'll just thank you for your interest.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#15 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Wales have just lost to England by a margin of 68 points in a performance that was much worse than those against the same opposition and Australia a year ago. In other words, the team has gone backwards under his tenure and far from being sacked, he should have the decency to fall on his sword.

#16 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Wales have just lost to England by a margin of 68 points in a performance that was much worse than those against the same opposition and Australia a year ago. In other words, the team has gone backwards under his tenure and far from being sacked, he should have the decency to fall on his sword.

You having a laugh or being serious??

Harris is doing well with the team he has, in parts Wales looked dangerous with ball in hand, this was also alluded to by the commentary team. .... Wales didn't have much ball and I think it's work in progress, They gave the frogs AGAIN a run for their euros!

#17 matthew walker rl

matthew walker rl
  • Facebook
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

He's lost six on the trot now however listening to him in the press today, it does seem he wants to put it right. However I don't agree with him putting down the team on Breakfast TV.

#18 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

No keep him in charge just needs a stronger squad i think.

#19 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

No keep him in charge just needs a stronger squad i think.

And time

#20 slowdive

slowdive
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Unbelievable really. What do people expect him to do?
"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users