Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

England's Jones-Buchanan eyeing special 12 months

EnglandRL media release

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

England and Leeds Rhinos forward Jamie Jones-Buchanan believes success in the Autumn International Series will signal the beginning of a special 12 months for England Rugby League as they build towards Rugby League World Cup 2013.

England outclassed Wales 80-12 when they met last weekend and will be hoping for a repeat performance when they take on France at Hull's MS3 Craven Park this Saturday (2.30pm) when Jones-Buchanan is keen to see fans from across the game show their support for the national side.

"This tournament is all about our World Cup aspirations," said Jones-Buchanan. "It is an opportunity for us to hone in on our immense talent and get it right for a year's time.

"We're solely concentrating on how we can progress, improve as a team and continue to put the demands on ourselves so we are battled hardened and ready for next year when we go up against the best in the world.

"We showed some real quality against Wales but we have still plenty to work on and we will be looking to improve against France this week.

"The public will be in store for some strong England performances over the next couple of weeks and we hope to continue where we left off against Wales and it would be great to see fans from all clubs get across to Hull this weekend, and Salford the week after, to show their support and watch us rip into France."

With the England Knights completing a comprehensive Alitalia European Cup campaign with a 62-24 victory over Scotland on Sunday, the pressure is on the senior England side to perform and Jones-Buchanan is all too aware of the talent coming through the ranks.

"We all have to perform now in this squad and no one has a divine right to have an automatic selection," he said. "There is a healthy competitive environment within the camp and you have to be at your best otherwise you won't get selected and the future is looking bright for the game in this country.

"There is a great team ethos in the dressing room and the days have gone where there were cliques in the dressing room - Steve McNamara has broken down those barriers and we are all as one and we all play for each other.

"It is very satisfying after going into battle that you come back in the dressing room and you rejoice as one and we're focused on doing that again this weekend."

Tickets for England v France, at MS3 Craven Park on Saturday November 3 and the final of the 2012 Autumn International Series at Salford City Stadium on Sunday November 11 cost just £12 for adults and £6 concessions and can be purchased by calling the RFL Ticket Office on 0844 856 1113 or by visiting www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk
<ends>

Nathan Clarke
Media Executive

Edited by Honor James, 29 October 2012 - 06:43 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

"We all have to perform now in this squad and no one has a divine right to have an automatic selection," he said.

You seem to, Jamie.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

You seem to, Jamie.

And rightly so. He's quality.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#4 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

well with a full season ahead theres plenty of time for new names to come into the open for selection
a wild card could be Mitch Achurch the new leeds forward signing from australia who comes with some good wraps from people in australia .
he qualifies because his mother was born in london which is a lot more english than rangie chase
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#5 faz'_nose

faz'_nose
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

a wild card could be Mitch Achurch the new leeds forward signing from australia who comes with some good wraps from people in australia .
he qualifies because his mother was born in london which is a lot more english than rangie chase

It, of course, makes him as English as Heighington - which I think is enough. More importantly, he has a serious amount of potential - from speaking to a few mates of mine in Oz. He's also got plenty of size and, IMHO, could put some of the current squad under pressure if things work out.

I'm sure there'll soon be plenty of trolls along to tell me that I'm 'talking nonsense'.

#6 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

It, of course, makes him as English as Heighington - which I think is enough. More importantly, he has a serious amount of potential - from speaking to a few mates of mine in Oz. He's also got plenty of size and, IMHO, could put some of the current squad under pressure if things work out.

I'm sure there'll soon be plenty of trolls along to tell me that I'm 'talking nonsense'.

he certainly has the size and pace and a decent passing game as well as of course a dodgy tackleing style which should fit in well at headingley according to some people but until he has played half a season he is a wild card but i have high hopes
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users