Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Challenge Cup first round draw

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

The draw for the first round of the 2013 Challenge Cup was held at the RFL's Red Hall headquarters in Leeds today.

The home teams were drawn by Paul Kilbride, a former Rugby League player who has been supported by the RL Benevolent Fund since suffering a serious injury playing Rugby League, and the away teams were drawn by Rugby League Cares
General Manager Chris Rostron.

Challenge Cup first round draw:

Pilkington Recs or Featherstone Lions v Northumbria University or Milford Marlins or Ovenden

Bradford Dudley Hill or Eastmoor Dragons v Underbank Rangers or Leeds Metropolitan University

Millom or Eccles v British Police or Blackbrook Rochdale Mayfield or Bank Quay Bulls v East Leeds or Hunslet Warriors

Normanton Knights or York Acorn or Hunslet Old Boys v Widnes West Bank or Kells or Egremont Rangers

Ties to be played weekends of November 10-11 and 17-18.

A total of 57 community teams were initially involved in the early stages of the 2013 Challenge Cup, which culminates at Wembley next August; the three Armed Services teams and 14 Conference League Premier teams will enter the competition at the second round stage.
-ends-

Tom Hoyle
Community Game Communication & Media Officer

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Right, I could understand the qualifying rounds being played this year, but the first round as well? That seems odd to me
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,094 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Right, I could understand the qualifying rounds being played this year, but the first round as well? That seems odd to me

I think they've numbered the rounds a bit oddly this time round!
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#4 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Logically this should be qualifying round 3 and they should renumber the rounds starting from one next year. Interesting that Leigh East (division 2 next year) start a full 3 rounds after Castleford Lock Lane and Egremont Rangers (one of whom will be promoted to the premier division as division 1 champions). Originally they were not going to invite NCL sides below premier though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users