Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull KR Takeover Bid

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,925 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Surely this can't be true? Parky said no-one is interested in investing clubs other than those at the top end?

http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html
Posted Image

#2 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Uh finally some good news amid the doom and gloom that has been circling the club recently.

Nobody knows any specifics, which is to be expected, but the news has brightened up a few people's day today I think. Not getting ahead of ourselves though, it may all come to nothing, but at least it is something.

I have my own thoughts on who I think the investor(s) is/are...

#3 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Surely this can't be true? Parky said no-one is interested in investing clubs other than those at the top end?

Rovers' Chief Exec Mike Smith has just been on the Radio Blunderside sports bulletin saying it isn't a takeover bid. Listening to what he had to say, it sounds like fairly low level investment.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Rovers' Chief Exec Mike Smith has just been on the Radio Blunderside sports bulletin saying it isn't a takeover bid. Listening to what he had to say, it sounds like fairly low level investment.

Ken Bates said something similar last May and up to now no takeover and no investment.Hope you are patient
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Ken Bates said something similar last May and up to now no takeover and no investment.Hope you are patient

it can take forever for me :D

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

it can take forever for me :D

And a day....

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

parky still has the delusion that bratfut are a big club...................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

parky still has the delusion that bratfut are a big club...................

They are they have one of the biggest fans bases in the country and a recognised brand. Even if your not winning it doesn't mean you're not a big club, Liverpool are a bigger club than Chelsea despite having won much less.