Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Heritage Project - Swinton Lions Tales and More

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Martin

Martin
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

The project is coming to an end and a celebration event will be taking place next Wednesday the 7th at Swinton Moorside Cricket Club, where Bob Fleet will present certificates to school children who have taken part. Amongst other there will be a rep from the Heritage Lottery Fund.

The event, if you can make it, is from 2pm till 3:30pm, though it will go on from 4-6pm for those who can't make it, but would like to see the display boxes that are currently being manufactured and other assorted memorabilia.

There will also be people from the Swinton care home, who did some work on the project with Ambrose Barlow, the one next to the White Swan. I don't know how but someone has given them a signed framed Ian Mort shirt from the 2011 season which we have agreed to let them auction. This will probably happen before 3:30 so if you can't make it and want to put in a bid please pm me or post on here.

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Click on the link below from the club's website today

http://www.swintonli...us-history.html

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hope to see a good turn out tomorrow at the Cricket Club. There has been a lot of effort put into this project it would be nice for fans who can make it to get down and have a look for yourselves !.

See you Wednesday

Riggy

#4 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

BUMP

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Just returned from the launch and would just like to say what an excellent project everyone has produced.

There were representatives from two of the main high schools Swinton High and Ambrose Barlow along with other contributors such as Salford University all of whom had done sterling work in putting together a great reflection of the history Swinton Lions and the town of Swinton well done to all concerned.

My defining moment was when one of the youngsters was looking at an old rugby ball, noticing it had laces and a "sticky out bit" I duly informed him it was a bladder.......I have never seen a ball droped as quick in my life with the cry of Ewwww. He was fine once i had explained why the ball contained "an inner tube".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users