Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Now then Now then Hows about this then - 6 Divisions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

May not be as daft an idea as you think.

Split the season into 2 halves.

6 teams in each Division plus Cups.

Promotion & Relegation every half season.

Now then - who is up for this radical proposal.

#2 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Need more info...
Posted Image

#3 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

I don't think that your title is in very good taste.
People called Romans they go the house

#4 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

I don't think that your title is in very good taste.

I caught on to that. Then I looked at his avatar and thought, 'It isn't, is it?' and then I realised it was Tommy Cooper :D

#5 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

How about taking the 28 clubs from the Super League and Championship, and then creating 14 divisions of 2: Super League, Super League 2, Super League 3, all the way to Super league 13.

Automatic p & r, 1 up 1 down throughout, should keep everyone happy. I did consider play-offs but it wouldn't seem fair to include a relegated side in the play-off. Over a regular summer season every club should win at least one divisional championship (as well as being relegated).
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,118 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

How about taking the 28 clubs from the Super League and Championship, and then creating 14 divisions of 2: Super League, Super League 2, Super League 3, all the way to Super league 13.

Automatic p & r, 1 up 1 down throughout, should keep everyone happy. I did consider play-offs but it wouldn't seem fair to include a relegated side in the play-off. Over a regular summer season every club should win at least one divisional championship (as well as being relegated).

That's just tinkering. Surely the way forward is 28 divisions of 1. Everyone is a champion side, high scoring games are eliminated and standards are raised overnight.

#7 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,591 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

14 divisions of two for mine
auto prom and reg, one up one down.
that means that almost half the clubs get promoted and the other half get relegated. Job's a good un.

two teams playng each other at home qnd away every weeek, should be great for developing rivalrys, and there should be some very tight games since teqams will get to know each other really well.

play off system players of all teams meet on the pitch at OT and get laced into each other in a mass game of playground rugby. last man standing is the Champion.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 01 November 2012 - 02:30 PM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#8 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

That's just tinkering. Surely the way forward is 28 divisions of 1. Everyone is a champion side, high scoring games are eliminated and standards are raised overnight.

From some of the international threads I've read in recent weeks, I genuinely think some people would favour that as the system for international RL.

No-one gets battered, no poor crowds and RU doesn't split its sides watching. And Sam Tomkins stays in RL.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#9 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

But you get relegated to the amateur leagues for going into adminsistration. :D

#10 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 757 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

More chance of Super League clubs being made feeder clubs for the NRL
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#11 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,118 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

But you get relegated to the amateur leagues for going into adminsistration. :D

No such thing. Every club in the land is a powerhouse! No relegation ever again.

#12 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

play off system players of all teams meet on the pitch at OT and get laced into each other in a mass game of playground rugby. last man standing is the Champion.

At first I thought you were taking the pee, but that would be .....AWESOME!

A Fev Blog