Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Prime Minister welcomes RL World Cup 2013 trophy to Number 10

RLWC2013 media release

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 dhw

dhw
  • Coach
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think the target is 500k, but I believe the capacities are higher than this. Sure somebody could wizz through the list and work it out!

Capacity for all the matches is approximately 600k (double header matches only included once).
500k definitely looks achieveable pretty much comes down to the the matches at at the MS, Wembley and Old Trafford (accounts for 40% of the capcity) . Given Wembley and Old Trafford are the biggest matches (those two dates account for the majority of the tickets so far sold) there is a good liklihood of strong crowds there.

#22 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I think the most important games to convince the nation that the RLWC is a big event will be the pool games where the likes of the Pacific Island teams are playing. Hopefully the organising committee will fill the stadia for these matches, even if cheap or free tickets are given to local schoolkids. A full ground for a match that doesn't involve a home nation or Aus/NZ team says to viewers this event is worth watching.

I believe games that feature England/Wales/Aus/NZ will pretty much take care of themselves.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users