Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Autumn Internationals are a hot ticket

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

The people of Hull have once again shown their passion for international Rugby League by creating a stir at the Box Office ahead of Saturday’s Autumn International between England and France at MS3 Craven Park (2.30).

Fewer than 1,000 tickets remain for England’s eagerly anticipated first international appearance of the year on home soil and a bumper crowd is assured for the game played at the home of Super League club Hull Kingston Rovers.

Development work to build a new North Stand means a reduced capacity at MS3 Craven Park and fans have been quick to snap up tickets for a match which represents an important feature of both nations’ preparations for next year’s Rugby League World Cup.

“We have been experiencing strong sales all week at both the Ticket Office and online, it’s going to be a very special afternoon on Saturday,” said RFL Communications Director Niel Wood.

“Our decision to take one of the Autumn Internationals to Hull has been fully vindicated and I would urge anyone in the city who hasn’t yet purchased their ticket to do so as quickly as possible.”

England have named a strong squad which includes two Hull FC players, winger Tom Briscoe and new signing Gareth Ellis, as well as Super League Man of Steel Sam Tomkins, who has recovered from a knee injury.

Tomkins and Briscoe both missed England’s impressive 80-12 victory over Wales in Wrexham last week and coach Steve McNamara has indicated he could make changes to keep all the players in his squad on their toes.

The England v France fixture is repeated in the final of the 2012 Autumn International Series at Salford City Stadium on Sunday November 11 and with increasing interest being shown in that game, fans are advised to move quickly to ensure they do not miss out.

Tickets for England v France, at MS3 Craven Park on Saturday November 3 and the final of the 2012 Autumn International Series at Salford City Stadium on Sunday November 11 cost just £12 for adults and £6 concessions and can be purchased by calling the RFL Ticket Office on 0844 856 1113 or by visiting www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk
-ends-

John Ledger
Communications Manager

The Rugby Football League

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

far too positive.

please lock this thread
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

I just saw that on Twitter, I've now bought my ticket
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#4 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Got mine. Taking the youngest this week. Looking forward to it.

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Should have been at the KC...
Posted Image

#6 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hey, look at this. Leaving it to the Hull lads to show you how it is done. :)

Seriously, this is positive news. The stadium holds around 9k at present, whilst the new stand goes up and I doubt the scoreboard end will be used to it is just the east and west stands, which is really positive.

#7 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

That is wonderful news. It's great that it will look good on TV after last week. Take a bow Hullers.

#8 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

its positive but surely not unexpected, Excited about an international rugby league game involving England having 9,000 people there in Hull where the games has been played for so long? Am I missing something here :unsure:

With the constant talk of attendances will it really look good on telly? only 9,000 people to watch england rl in an area used to rugby league mmmm. Must be missing somthing

#9 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

its positive but surely not unexpected, Excited about an international rugby league game involving England having 9,000 people there in Hull where the games has been played for so long? Am I missing something here :unsure:

With the constant talk of attendances will it really look good on telly? only 9,000 people to watch england rl in an area used to rugby league mmmm. Must be missing somthing

That is all we can fit in haha!!

#10 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

that is all the stadium can hold! no pleasing some! I'll be there cheering the team on!

#11 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Should make for a good atmosphere, which is what England want. Makes it more enjoyable for fans and players. Another step towards the World Cup.

#12 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

i just bought 3

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#13 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Should have been at the KC...

Too expensive to rent.

Tickets would be double

#14 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

May I ask: why hold a game undergoing rebuilding and renovation, especially when u have the magnificent KC stadium down the road?

#15 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

May I ask: why hold a game undergoing rebuilding and renovation, especially when u have the magnificent KC stadium down the road?

To be fair...... KR fans haven't seen much GOOD rugby and I think it's a nice reward for all the long suffering !!

#16 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

To be fair...... KR fans haven't seen much GOOD rugby and I think it's a nice reward for all the long suffering !!

I think you could be onto something here. The final is at Salford for the same reason! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#17 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

I think you could be onto something here. The final is at Salford for the same reason! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indeed, forgot the Final is in Salford :D

#18 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

i went to wrexham and craven park and was so underwhelmed by the rugby on show i will be giving the game at salford a miss..........................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#19 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,316 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Will you still watch it on TV?