Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Season Tickets / Matchday Prices

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

No problem in clubs trying different ideas,it's been happening in football for years,if it don't work try another idea.I'm happy that the rams are in the "B"cat,one thing that should be put right,the doggies should be in "c" cat :P

Nice of you to think of us "doggies" in these hard financial times and want our fans to save money with cheaper ticket prices andy B)

#42 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Charge what you like for me old lad, i wont be visiting any feeder club in 2013

Good. If you keep your promise I'll give both York and Hunslet the money you would have spent getting in. One thing I would add though, I go to Fev every time we play there and spend quite a few quid, was even considering getting a corporate box next year as we did last year and it was great. Probably wont be bothering now due to the attitude us "lesser" clubs get off some of your frankly arrogant fans. I'm sure Mark Campbell and Paul Taylor will be delighted to know your putting sponsors off?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#43 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Good. If you keep your promise I'll give both York and Hunslet the money you would have spent getting in. One thing I would add though, I go to Fev every time we play there and spend quite a few quid, was even considering getting a corporate box next year as we did last year and it was great. Probably wont be bothering now due to the attitude us "lesser" clubs get off some of your frankly arrogant fans. I'm sure Mark Campbell and Paul Taylor will be delighted to know your putting sponsors off?

Well said, Some supporters need to realise that they are stuck in a league with us lesser clubs for the foreseeable future and without us they wouldn't have a league to play in or a team to support.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#44 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,451 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

I see Sheffield Eagles have adopted my idea of a book of tickets (10 for £100). It will be interesting to see if it helps attendance wise, as i hoped it would for Hunslet if they had used the idea. Good luck to them.

Your idea ? :huh:

I've been promoting this instead of season tickets for about twenty years ......
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#45 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,451 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'm just wondering where these three extra matches are coming from ....

11 last year, 13 in 2013 ..... hmmm. :wacko:

#46 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Featherstone fans will be charged £16, the same price as last season NO INCREASE! Hunslet fans will also be charged £16. NO INCREASE! Hunslet fans going to Featherstone next season will be charged £17, £2 INCREASE on last season, INCREASE! So who's getting the best deal and who's been disrespectful? I'd say NIETHER clubs, just both clubs doing what's best for themselves in hard times, will I be boycotting Featherstone because of a £2 increase?, NO il happily pay any amount to support my team, and if that means is helping out a fellow championship club at the same time then even better!

spot on gareth

#47 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

griff,no teams were relegated last year but teams promoted from champ 1.those are the extra games

Edited by rodleydragons, 02 November 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#48 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

griff,no teams were relegated last year but teams promoted from champ 1.those are the extra games

Last year was 9 league + 2NRC = 11. This year is 13 league, so 2 extra not 3. Anyway, that's just being picky. ;)

As I recently posted on the Fev forum, the pricing structure isn't exactly rocket science. If you want to go to the game, you pay the price asked. If you don't want to pay, you don't watch the match. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#49 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,451 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Your blurb says three extra games. There are only two. Someone's cocked up here.

Just saying.

#50 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,451 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Cheapest adult single ticket prices for 2013 - for comparison.

At £12 - Whitehaven and Hunslet

At £13 - Dewsbury

At £14 - Workington, York, Keighley and, errm, Hunslet

At £15 - Halifax, Sheffield, Batley, Doncaster and Barrow

At £16 - Hunslet again

At £17 - Fev

Edited by Griff, 02 November 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#51 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Better not go NY Day either its a shared gate.

I have no intention of going

#52 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Not planning on going to many away games then?

NO

#53 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Seems like you'll never be leaving Ponte in 2013

then so be it

#54 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

£12 to watch the Champions, very reasonable, look forward to a trip over next season!
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#55 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

£12 to watch the Champions, very reasonable, look forward to a trip over next season!

Look forward to seeing many Eagle fans at the SLS next season will be a pleasure to entertain the champions!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#56 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Your idea ? :huh:

I've been promoting this instead of season tickets for about twenty years ......

I've never heard you promoting it, by the sound of it you haven't done a very good job have you (20 yrs) and no-one takes notice. I post the idea and gets used straight away.

#57 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,451 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I've never heard you promoting it, by the sound of it you haven't done a very good job have you (20 yrs) and no-one takes notice. I post the idea and gets used straight away.

Well done. Don't worry, it wasn't copyrighted.

#58 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Well done. Don't worry, it wasn't copyrighted.

Its just nice to know that a club has taken on board something that we've both suggested, which i feel would benefit a lot of supporters, no matter which league they're in. I would look into any ideas where it makes it cheaper for fans and increases the chance of clubs drawing in more spectators.

#59 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Just to let you lads know as a fev fan I will be at hunslet next season whether we are in cat a or not I am there to shout my players on and support my team like I did all last season ( at the same price ) I think you should be thanked for not putting you prices up and actually decreasing them for some matches Hope this works out for you and you don't make less from gate money than you did in 2012 time will tell If people don't want to go its up to them but Hunslet need to do what they think is best for Hunslet and good luck to you
Although I am against the link up with S/L clubs I don't see a problem with this although I think it is a gamble but I do hope it works out

See you next season

#60 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Just to let you lads know as a fev fan I will be at hunslet next season whether we are in cat a or not I am there to shout my players on and support my team like I did all last season ( at the same price ) I think you should be thanked for not putting you prices up and actually decreasing them for some matches Hope this works out for you and you don't make less from gate money than you did in 2012 time will tell If people don't want to go its up to them but Hunslet need to do what they think is best for Hunslet and good luck to you
Although I am against the link up with S/L clubs I don't see a problem with this although I think it is a gamble but I do hope it works out

See you next season

Well said, and I will be at post office road regardless of the £2 increase, you either support your team or you don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users