Well done, some people in Rochdale

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Geoff Lee

Geoff Lee
  • Coach
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Travelling into Rochdale town centre this morning, I was very pleased to see posters advertising the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.
Well done to whoever was responsible.

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

#2 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

I use to be some person in Rochdale!
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#3 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

I've been to Rochdale, therefore I claim to be some person in Rochdale, at least in the past. Can I claim the glory?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#4 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I went there once to watch Rochdale soccer team play, when the "toilets" was just a wall you stood behind. Can I claim credit?

#5 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

This is probably an example of the sucess of giving games to towns and cities who made the best submissions of why they should get a WC game.This advertising is probably an example of the organising commitee in Rochdale bringing their plans for the game to fruition.

If so, it is another example of the foresight and planning which appear to have gone into the organisation of the 2013 RWC.

#6 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

they are spread around the town including one outside morrisons which is built on the site of the old athletic ground
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#7 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

The bidding process for venues seems to be working out well. It seems to be tying in lots of other people and organisations to help promote the games and get out to new audiences.

#8 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

I went there once to watch Rochdale soccer team play, when the "toilets" was just a wall you stood behind. Can I claim credit?

Brings back memories. If you were tall enough you could watch the game whilst having a pee!
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users