RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Correct decision or what?.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Appears that Tomkins is to replace Zac for the next international. This despite Zac having a first class game, even taking into account the poor opposition.
Think that it is a little bit harsh on the lad as it has been proved that upon his performances over the past season, he is,IMO on a par with Tomkins in every aspect of the game.

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Appears that Tomkins is to replace Zac for the next international. This despite Zac having a first class game, even taking into account the poor opposition.
Think that it is a little bit harsh on the lad as it has been proved that upon his performances over the past season, he is,IMO on a par with Tomkins in every aspect of the game.

Zac didn't do owt wrong in the last game. But he's not in Tomkins league IMO at the moment.Tomkins is the only player we have that would make it into the Australian team IMO.

#3 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Zac didn't do owt wrong in the last game. But he's not in Tomkins league IMO at the moment.Tomkins is the only player we have that would make it into the Australian team IMO.

Correct!

#4 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Got to agree with that. Given the opposition however, I would however have given Zak another game in this series, to aid his development and help him gain experience at international level.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

yup!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

can see zak playing on the wing.

also hall, watkins & hock would get in aussie team for mine

#7 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

I dont think tomkins would even get in

You would drop slater for tomkins?

#8 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Or Barba ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#9 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

I dont think tomkins would even get in

You would drop slater for tomkins?

Not really interested in the Aussie aspect of the discussion. Still believe that he is on a par with Tomkins in our SL. Like to see a fullback driving the ball in, not making for the opposite touchline..

#10 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

My brother reckons that we'd get most out of Tomkins at 6. He's class at returning the ball, but Australia and New Zealand aren't Hull KR, Castleford or Salford, so wont get as many chances to run at a broken line. The main issue is under the high ball. The 4N final showed that he isnt brilliant under a high ball and pressure, whereas Zak is a natural full back.

At 6, however, he'll be getting ball closer to their line and can do more damage.

Can't see Zak getting a wingers shirt when we have Hall, Briscoe & Charnley.

Cummins Out.

#11 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Tomkins defence at full back is terrible certainly not international level.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

My brother reckons that we'd get most out of Tomkins at 6. He's class at returning the ball, but Australia and New Zealand aren't Hull KR, Castleford or Salford, so wont get as many chances to run at a broken line. The main issue is under the high ball. The 4N final showed that he isnt brilliant under a high ball and pressure, whereas Zak is a natural full back.

At 6, however, he'll be getting ball closer to their line and can do more damage.

Can't see Zak getting a wingers shirt when we have Hall, Briscoe & Charnley.

Still, its nice to have options for a change isn't it?
Posted Image

#13 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Still, its nice to have options for a change isn't it?

Oh yes, very.

Cummins Out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users