Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tim Smith....................

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Forever Trinity

Forever Trinity
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Tim Smith extends his contract at Wakey until the end of 2014 :D :D :D :D :D

#2 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Good bit of business by Wakefield.
Having just recently signed a 1 year deal I wonder what Tim Smith knows that's encouraged him to almost immediately extend that by another 12 months.

Newmarket maybe?

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Was arguably the best half back towards the latter end of last season so good news for wakefield, they do seem to be on the up.

#4 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Newmarket maybe?

Size of his contract to other offers, probably?

Edited by Padge, 01 November 2012 - 09:53 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#5 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Yep money.

#6 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

He's one of a large number of our players I don't like. We've just had our best season in a like time, and I don't rate many of our players or the coach. However, I'm quite happy to be proved wrong time and time and time again.

If Tim Smith can produce last season's performances in 2013 & 2014, then I'll be more than happy to acknowledge his excellence. However I tend to apply a lot of logic to my views, and base them on learned experiences, so I fully expect to see him go missing halfway through the coming season and it all end in tears. Oh how I hope I'm very, very wrong!!

Edited by South Wakefield Sharks, 01 November 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#7 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

He's one of a large number of our players I don't like. We've just had our best season in a like time, and I don't rate many of our players or the coach. However, I'm quite happy to be proved wrong time and time and time again.

If Tim Smith can produce last season's performances in 2013 & 2014, then I'll be more than happy to acknowledge his excellence. However I tend to apply a lot of logic to my views, and base them on learned experiences, so I fully expect to see him go missing halfway through the coming season and it all end in tears. Oh how I hope I'm very, very wrong!!

Miserable barsteward

#8 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Happy to suffer, for the greater good of the team.

If it brings us success, I'm quite happy not to like them!!!