Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet tickets 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
160 replies to this topic

#1 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hunslet ticket prices are shocking and dis respectful IMO they are going to charge the bigger clubs with large following more than the lesser clubs with no following. What you guys think of the matter? And should we charge the rhinos reserves more than anyone else when they attend our place? Or just boycott the away fixture? I bet the rhinos have had a say in this and their passing their SL greed onto the hawks.

Edited by thundergaz, 01 November 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#2 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hunslet ticket prices are shocking and dis respectful IMO they are going to charge the bigger clubs with large following more than the lesser clubs with no following. What you guys think of the matter? And should we charge the rhinos reserves more than anyone else when they attend our place? Or just boycott the away fixture? I bet the rhinos have had a say in this and their passing their SL greed onto the hawks.

i have a lot of respect for hunslet and their fight to keep the club going, it has always been one of my away days, but they have been glad of our support in the past, and if they charge us more than anyone else then i will boycott the game.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#3 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Prices?
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#4 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

We are in catergory A with fax leigh and york £16

Batley are in catergory B and some others £14

There is also catergory C £12

I think £16 is what we paid last season anyway so it hasnt increased rather its not decreased for us anyway

They will have looked who took the most support last season and adjusted accordingly they have to make some money somewhere and encourage people to attend especially on the low attendees like the cumbrian clubs no doubt next season and you dont have to go in the stand either i dont think as theyve received permission to use the grassy bit behind the sticks

We are also charging them more as ours has gone up to £17 from £15 so are our prices disrespectful?

I cant see many boycotting to be honest

Edited by elppaxr2i, 01 November 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#5 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Wanna bet!
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Why should it be any different for any club? If owt it should be cheaper for us that are in cat a as we give them the most money. Just my opinion but I think it's shocking and I won't be attending the away fixture out of principle.Unless we re pay the favour when they visit our place by charging them extra.But they don't bring any anyway so that would be a waste of time.

Edited by thundergaz, 01 November 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#7 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Wanna bet!

I do as a matter of fact ill bet you the entrance fee? If the attendence on the league game is below 1000 as it was 1100+ i think last seson ill give you your entrance fee or donate to a charity of your choosing?

#8 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Why should it be any different for any club? If owt it should be cheaper for us that are in cat a as we give them the most money. Just my opinion but I think it's shocking and I won't be attending the away fixture out of principle.Unless we re pay the favour when they visit our place by charging them extra.But they don't bring any anyway so that would be a waste of time.

We paid £16 last season so we havent been hard done to in the grand scheme of things in fact its us that are charging them more as our price on matchdays has gone up

Reducing the price for the well supported might not help, we may bring a few more, but it might work out that they make a loss doing it this way overall, and its not like Hunslet is a top drawer fixture anyway no disrespect to them, i can see more regulars possibly missing or willing to miss this game due to other engagements rather than a fax or a leigh game even before this pricing structure is announced

Football has been doing a pricing structure like this for years - the rivals or the bigger gates get charged more - lets see if it works out for them, at least they are trying to be a bit innovative to pull their measly crowd figures back up

Edited by elppaxr2i, 01 November 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#9 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Had the argument about pricing with one of their fans last season. They try to make money from us, Leigh, Fax to help them survive (Think they are charging York fans £16 to cheese them off). Whilst I don't necessarily agree with charging fans of one club more than another i do understand it, would rather they do that and stay afloat than go under as i'm sure the RFL wouldn't pump money into them like they did the Bulls

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

£2 increase how very dare you, I'm boycotting ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#11 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Maybe when you get in super league you might adopt this innovitive idea? Cas and Leeds Category A £25, Widnes Category B £20 Catalans Category C £15, I doubt you would have any issues with this then? Maximising revenue from local derbys whilst lowering prices for less glamorous games to attract more floating supporters!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

first time ours has gone up in 3 years AND it's the same for everybody.i' m happy to pay the same price as everybody else, but if this pricing structure is put in place, i'm out.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#13 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

first time ours has gone up in 3 years AND it's the same for everybody.i' m happy to pay the same price as everybody else, but if this pricing structure is put in place, i'm out.

So your not prepared to pay the same price as last season to visit us but we should be ok with a £2 increase to visit you because everyone else Is in the same boat? How does that work :)

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Exactly old rover I'm in the same boat as you.Just because we've got more fans than most we're punished by paying 2 quid extra than anyone else.

#15 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

So your not prepared to pay the same price as last season to visit us but we should be ok with a £2 increase to visit you because everyone else Is in the same boat? How does that work :)

We have upped ours because its teams like yours that dont bring any fans and we have to cover games like that where we dont make owt.I would gladly pay 17 quid at your place if every other teams fans did too.I just dont like the idea that were well supported so we have to cover your lack of home fans attendance.And it does'nt help that its a rhinos idea i bet too.Why dont they give you the extra 2 quids as you are their feeder club after all.

Edited by thundergaz, 02 November 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#16 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Theres not only us fax leigh and york are in the same boat and fax and leigh have been a bit more accepting of it than i expected

It appears to be us that have thrown the dummy out yet there will be a similar attendence there next season that there was this which is the ironic thing

#17 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Well of course there will be. Whilst all of us will feel aggrieved at being charged more than other clubs, - barring a few exceptions most of us will whinge about it but still go to hunslet.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#18 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

We have upped ours because its teams like yours that dont bring any fans and we have to cover games like that where we dont make owt.I would gladly pay 17 quid at your place if every other teams fans did too.I just dont like the idea that were well supported so we have to cover your lack of home fans attendance.And it does'nt help that its a rhinos idea i bet too.Why dont they give you the extra 2 quids as you are their feeder club after all.

Thought you were going to start watching Wakefield?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#19 Willie the Pimp

Willie the Pimp
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Exactly old rover I'm in the same boat as you.Just because we've got more fans than most we're punished by paying 2 quid extra than anyone else.

Seeing as you're so keen on everybody being equal I presume all your first team squad get paid the same, or do the better ones get more?

#20 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Loyal supporter then???
hunslet hawks champions 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users