Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet tickets 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
160 replies to this topic

#61 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Are you the same Fev fan who has emailed Hunslet to say its RACIAL discrimination and he's going to a solicitor? :)

Just for the record no it wasn't me. I understand the idea what hunslet want to achieve from this but just think they should and would of come up with a fairer option that's all.

#62 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Away season ticket holders got in cheaper than those home fans that come every week and dont buy a season ticket... Hunslet have done sod all wrong, they've kept the teams with a high away following at the same price, but those that dont travel well have been reduced to encourage them to come in bigger numbers.

How is that wrong?

I don't mind that their coming up with ideas to get more fans into games I applaud them for that I just think that they could of come up with a fairer option that's all.I mean no disrespect to hunslet but its not exactly a big away fixture for us and they might of turned a few of us away from the fixture.They should of charged the teams around them in the league more IMO.Also the Cumbrian teams have better away support in our league than say the teams outside our top 5 last season excluding the eagles of course

#63 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Lifes not fair Gaz. Your team is by far the biggest and second best in the league. Thats the price you pay.

York fans don't have a problem with it, I certainly don't know why Fev fans should.
Posted Image

#64 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Yes last season away fans got a discount. Take it you didn't come to our place last season then? Don't know to what extent the discount was though.

Yes turned up as soon as i could in the year to get to featherstone,i think it was new years day. However you will state this offer was for all fans. However before 2012 has there ever been a discount for one match which has been different for another game?

I find it ridiculous that the club has kept the prices the same and discounting certain games to entice fans and are being lambasted for it. I wonder if hunslet discounted the featherstone game people would find that a disgrace, as then we could be saying it is not worth paying the full amount to watch the leagues best team.

#65 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Lifes not fair Gaz. Your team is by far the biggest and second best in the league. Thats the price you pay.

York fans don't have a problem with it, I certainly don't know why Fev fans should.

Some Fev fans, not ALL, and once again I haven't a problem with it.
Im Fev and im proud

#66 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Like paying £17 to stand on a quarry is value for money?

It's only £15 to watch the champions!!

put thi fishing rod away and get thissen off home. thas wasting thi time.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#67 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

how much does it cost to park the car at your place? i,ll tell you what it costs at yours...nothing.

answered your own question.......................................and got it wrong.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#68 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

put thi fishing rod away and get thissen off home. thas wasting thi time.

Tha's not fishing old lad. It's thee that' dunt no what thee's talking about. Na get thi sen out and walk thi's whippet
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#69 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

It's not the money I disagree with it's the discrimination. I am being penalised because I follow a particular club yet my pension is the same as anyone elses. If I am charged more because I follow my chosen club I will seek to have the matter readdressed through legal channels. Positive discrimination is not acceptable.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#70 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

It's not the money I disagree with it's the discrimination. I am being penalised because I follow a particular club yet my pension is the same as anyone elses. If I am charged more because I follow my chosen club I will seek to have the matter readdressed through legal channels. Positive discrimination is not acceptable.

You wouldn't get far Vic , it's simply charging a different price for a different product ,not discrimination. We've done the same ourselves over recent seasons, only announced it as a one off offer prior to the game, rather than part of a pre season pricing structure.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#71 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Your not been penalised and your not been charged any more, ur paying excatly the same as you did last season.

If Hunslet want to reduce prices for any games next season from the standard £16 admission then it's the clubs prerogative to do so, it's no different from Fev dropping prices for a one off match next year is it? If you play Halifax one week and charge them £17 then the week after its Hunslet at home and you decide to drop prices by £5 to £12 to try and attract more floating fans who don't see it as a big attraction, that's not discrimination is it? Would the 400 Halifax fans who came to your place the week before call it discrimination? Very much doubt it, special match day offers take place week in week out at all clubs at all levels.

Don't be suprised if other clubs follow our lead on this, football have been doing it for over 10 years, and attendances have never been higher, so is this discrimination? No and does it work in football Yes? Maybe it's time we moved with the times.

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 03 November 2012 - 07:49 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#72 johnh

johnh
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

They should adopt the Cas model - £20 to get in then £25 to get out again at half-time :D
Matt - send us some players from Tonga

#73 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

No because we made it fair and charged every team the same price. No team was discriminated because they had good or bad away following.

So what can we deduce from this.

Fev will rip anybody off. They don't care who you are. :lol:

:huh:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#74 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

They should adopt the Cas model - £20 to get in then £25 to get out again at half-time :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#75 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

so, an unemployed family man who follows fev will pay more than a company director that follows dewsbury. ok, i've got that.

Edited by oldrover, 03 November 2012 - 10:29 AM.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#76 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

so, an unemployed family man who follows fev will pay more than a company director that follows dewsbury. ok, i've got that.

And they will for their home games. B)

#77 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Don't be suprised if other clubs follow our lead on this, football have been doing it for over 10 years, and attendances have never been higher, so is this discrimination? No and does it work in football Yes? Maybe it's time we moved with the times.

It's simple BH. You're club has moved in one direction that charges fans of diiferent visitors to Hunslet different prices. Some fans of rovers are offended by and and will choose not to visit Hunslet. Your club will then evaluate if that policy has been a good one and either continue with that policy or drop it. It bears no relevance what Fev charge as all teams will be tcharged the same. You will choose if you want to visit Rovers at that price.

It is about personal choices. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about.
C'est la vie.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#78 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

I have a mate who is featherstone supporter who does not always go to the away games,i would of considered using one of the bring a mate for a tenner offer to entice him to come. However considering the reactions of some of the fans I would fear for his safety. He would never be allowed to set foot in Featherstone again.

#79 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

eh??
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#80 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

i do not want to get into the rights and wrongs of what they charge for admision to Hunslet. the club is now run by Hunslet Independent Supporters Assiciation. This is the first season in charge.Quite sure that they will learn a lot from the venture. What interesting is that it is the fans who are running the club when nobody else would keep the club going. Is is possible that Hunslet would have gone the same way as Blackpool and Huyton if thier own fans had not stepped in to save the club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users