Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet tickets 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
160 replies to this topic

#81 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I have a mate who is featherstone supporter who does not always go to the away games,i would of considered using one of the bring a mate for a tenner offer to entice him to come. However considering the reactions of some of the fans I would fear for his safety. He would never be allowed to set foot in Featherstone again.

everyone is free to do what they like, including those who choose not to go. i like going to hunslet, but this season i am giving it a miss, i hope those that do go enjoy it. as Robin says, it's all about personal choice. no big deal
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#82 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

everyone is free to do what they like, including those who choose not to go. i like going to hunslet, but this season i am giving it a miss, i hope those that do go enjoy it. as Robin says, it's all about personal choice. no big deal

Well said, oldrover!!

I'm sure the Rovers' players will be chuffed to have your support in absentia. :)
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#83 Vince

Vince
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Isn't this more about charging less for clubs who don't bring much support (to make it more attractive and increase numbers) rather than charging more for those who bring plenty?

#84 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Isn't this more about charging less for clubs who don't bring much support (to make it more attractive and increase numbers) rather than charging more for those who bring plenty?

In part - but I'd be setting my cap at more home fans, rather than targetting away fans who are likely to come only once a season. ;)

#85 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

Well said, oldrover!!

I'm sure the Rovers' players will be chuffed to have your support in absentia. :)

your lot do ok with very little support. we will have more at hunslet than you had at warrington, but thanks for your concern.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#86 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

are you saying that those who bring plenty wouldn't bring more if they were charged less?
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#87 Vince

Vince
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

are you saying that those who bring plenty wouldn't bring more if they were charged less?

I suspect there's more chance of Hunslet improving their attendance figures by adding numbers across several matches rather than the couple that are are already well attended.

#88 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

To be honest this is about trying to attract the 1000 plus stataway Hunslet supporters and floating supporters in south leeds to maybe attend a game in 2013, we have reduced prices in 9 league games to do this but were not a charity, we're a business and it would have been business suiced to drop our prices for every game, especially in the financial climate, and especially when your putting yours up by £2, hopefully the day will come when your in super league, and it would be interesting to see you reaction when you charge £25 or the rhinos and then do a special offer for supporters at £20 for the visit of catalans!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#89 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Some people need to get a grip. Hunslet a prices are the same as last year and will cost £16. To watch the same fixture at fev if you want to park at the ground will be £20 Batley last year let fev fans in for £10 if they turned up early I didn't see us complaining then Bring a friend for a tenner should the person who paid £16 complain because he couldn't pay £10 like his mate All clubs do different things at least Hunslet have been up front with this so everyone including there season ticket holders know

Whether it works or not we will have to see

Edited by jt, 03 November 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#90 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Some people need to get a grip. Hunslet a prices are the same as last year and will cost £16. To watch the same fixture at fev if you want to park at the ground will be £20 Batley last year let fev fans in for £10 if they turned up early I didn't see us complaining then Bring a friend for a tenner should the person who paid £16 complain because he couldn't pay £10 like his mate All clubs do different things at least Hunslet have been up front with this so everyone including there season ticket holders know

Whether it works or not we will have to see

Another good post taking common sense

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#91 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

It's no wonder the sport of rugby league is a million miles away from every other sport in every aspect, when an inavative idea that has been implemented in football for the last ten years, is undermined, ridiculed and condemned by the shortsightedness opinions that continue to hold our sport back. We will never move forward as a sport :(

Thas reight there owd lad. If it has been implemented in soccer for the past ten years, where have we been all this time?.

#92 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I am not going to be petty, regressive or bury my head in the sand. I am simply not supporting the scheme. Hope that their decision does not come back to bite them.

#93 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

Dont know why everybody is haveing a go at hunslet for there priceing policy i am a fev fan season ticket holder go to the away matches whenever i can at the end of the day there a club trying to live in hard times look at it this way everybody uses there local shops how can they compete with the big supermarkets yes you get better deals at supermarkets than local corner shops ?? if every said stuff the local shops am going for the better deal hhow long do you think the local shop would be open we all have to stick together support the away team because if we dont they could end up like the little corner shop being close down by the big boys so lets stop all this bitchynes and look forward to the new season good look hunslet from a fev fan

Edit use of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 04 November 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#94 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Maybe I'd have more sympathy for the Fev viewpoint if they weren't charging the highest prices in the division. <_<

#95 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

and who's the next highest? oh aye, hunslet. (for some of us). some of us have less disposable income now, especially since our season tickets have gone up. i always try and make it to 4 away games every season, these being, hunslet, dewsbury, batley and york. this season i will not be going to hunslet. if that puts them into administration i'm sorry. just try and bear in mind some people have to count the pennies.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#96 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

and who's the next highest? oh aye, hunslet. (for some of us). some of us have less disposable income now, especially since our season tickets have gone up. i always try and make it to 4 away games every season, these being, hunslet, dewsbury, batley and york. this season i will not be going to hunslet. if that puts them into administration i'm sorry. just try and bear in mind some people have to count the pennies.

Is there something seriously wrong with you upstairs???? It's the same price as last season for god sake. Moan moan moan. It's boring!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#97 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Is there something seriously wrong with you upstairs???? It's the same price as last season for god sake. Moan moan moan. It's boring!!!

can you not read. i have less money than last season. savings have to be made. and yes, the bedroom radiator needs bleeding.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#98 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,042 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Don't see you're problem macca. Some people are exercising a choice based on a club policy decision. That's all. If it's a wrong choice , c'est la vie. If it bores you, don't respond.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#99 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

This topic is still going strong and is now on page 5, as a Knights fan, who'll be paying the same as last year, £16, I can see the logic behind Hunslets attempts to attract more fans from their local area, bearing in mind they're competeing with the Rhinos for people who spend money watching RL, to the SLS. Taking as a complient that we're classed as cat. A team.

#100 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

good news everyone, the bedroom radiator's been sorted.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image