• This topic is locked This topic is locked
160 replies to this topic

#141 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

not mine col

With you! An anagram of 'mine col' could be ,'loc em in,' might be a solution or not.

#142 HK Hawk

HK Hawk
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Excuse me, where in my postings did I try to "kick up a stink" as you put it, if you cared to read my postings properly I have stated that I will still be going no matter what, I have no problem paying whatever it costs, it was others that stated that they wouldn't be attending. If I remember rightly there was a thread about the admission prices for the game last year

I was referring to "you" as in a number of fans, not you personally, sorry.

It doesn't matter whether there was a thread or not. It's inaccurate information. BH works at the club and is on the board. It was the same for you as everyone else. I have cared to read your post properly, and you said you were "definately" [sic] charged more. You weren't.

p.s. likewise, I will still attend POR in spite of your circa 13% price increase.

Edited by HK Hawk, 04 November 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#143 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

I was referring to "you" as in a number of fans, not you personally, sorry.

It doesn't matter whether there was a thread or not. It's inaccurate information. BH works at the club and is on the board. It was the same for you as everyone else. I have cared to read your post properly, and you said you were "definately" [sic] charged more. You weren't.

p.s. likewise, I will still attend POR in spite of your circa 13% price increase.

Tom your wasting your breath mate. FEV FANS ALWAYS THE VICTIMS theyre starting to sound like Liverpool football fans. I no the pits have been closed but is a couple of quid hear or there really important??? I'll support hunslet home and away regardless of the price
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#144 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Tom your wasting your breath mate. FEV FANS ALWAYS THE VICTIMS theyre starting to sound like Liverpool football fans. I no the pits have been closed but is a couple of quid hear or there really important??? I'll support hunslet home and away regardless of the price

ALWAYS THE VICTIMS. IRRESPECTIVE of the money, you have made a statement which is full of sarcasm, meaning that we play at being the victim when we are not. Could you therefore give us some examples and justify your statement. I have supported Fev for 73 years through thick and thin and have seen justifiable decisions against us and others that weren't justified. BUT WE have NEVER played at ALWAYS being the victim. What success we have had is done on the back of the supporters and out of their pockets allied to a good board and coach. Please keep in mind that when we play at Hunslet we certainly swell your coffers.

#145 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Too soon....

Cummins Out.

#146 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

I follow the Eagles at home and away, whenever I can. I have never checked up on the price of the turnstile fee before travelling to a game and it would not stop me attending that game if I was aware of the price....I can only conclude from the policy Hunslet have set, that they are discriminating, that would leave them open to claims by any recognised group in our society that they were being unfairly treat. There is also an underlining assumption in this policy that they know who the person passing through the turnstile supports.....ABC categories do not automatically equate to past home or away support........
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#147 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

ALWAYS THE VICTIMS. IRRESPECTIVE of the money, you have made a statement which is full of sarcasm, meaning that we play at being the victim when we are not. Could you therefore give us some examples and justify your statement. I have supported Fev for 73 years through thick and thin and have seen justifiable decisions against us and others that weren't justified. BUT WE have NEVER played at ALWAYS being the victim. What success we have had is done on the back of the supporters and out of their pockets allied to a good board and coach. Please keep in mind that when we play at Hunslet we certainly swell your coffers.

Well said col its us well supported clubs that keeps teams like hunslet in business. If it wasn't for the away support at the SLS I doubt the hawks would compete let alone be in our league.

#148 HK Hawk

HK Hawk
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Well said col its us well supported clubs that keeps teams like hunslet in business. If it wasn't for the away support at the SLS I doubt the hawks would compete let alone be in our league.

If you get into SL, you would be reliant on the well supported clubs (Leeds, Bradford, Saints, Wigan etc.) to keep you in business, and you wouldn't be able to compete in the league without it. What's your point?

Edited by HK Hawk, 05 November 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#149 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

I follow the Eagles at home and away, whenever I can. I have never checked up on the price of the turnstile fee before travelling to a game and it would not stop me attending that game if I was aware of the price....I can only conclude from the policy Hunslet have set, that they are discriminating, that would leave them open to claims by any recognised group in our society that they were being unfairly treat. There is also an underlining assumption in this policy that they know who the person passing through the turnstile supports.....ABC categories do not automatically equate to past home or away support........

And how have you concluded that? I guess all the blwo top local football clubs are discriminating too with their prices? I cant remember any football club been open to claims? maybe its just a clubs prerogative to set prices as they see fit? and lets be honest, Hunslet are REDUCING prices for 9 games not INCREASING them, where as the below football teams categories are all about increasing prices for the bigger games, where as Hunslets are about keeping the price the same as 2012 for our bigger games and reducing it for the other 9 to attract more home and away fans.

I take it from the responses on here, no one regularly supports a football team?

http://www.leedsunit...,,10273,00.html

http://www.sufc.co.u...ils-302759.aspx

http://www.swfc.co.u.../ticket-prices/

http://www.hullcitya...s/match_prices/

Rugby League is so far behind the 8 ball its untrue, you only have to click on the above links to see that this happening across the board in football (for the last ten years) Hunslet will be seen as the innovators on this and other clubs will adopt it, you heard it hear first!

My last post on this, see you next season (Both home and Away and New years day) :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#150 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

well, we made it to page 8. can we let it go now.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#151 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

....... BUT WE have NEVER played at ALWAYS being the victim........

Just read through a few of those old "Why can't we get promoted ? It's not fair" and "We finished top of the league so we should be champions - it's not fair" threads. Might just change your mind.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#152 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Come on, Maureen. I think that everyone has now expanded their views and opinions upon this subject and after all, as OR states, we have reached page eight. Si thi.

#153 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Posted Image No.

Cummins Out.

#154 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Just read through a few of those old "Why can't we get promoted ? It's not fair" and "We finished top of the league so we should be champions - it's not fair" threads. Might just change your mind.

One item. The thread said ALWAYS the victim. Get with it Griff. With regard to prices I wonder what sort of market research has been undertaken. Some views would say give a few freebies etc to the better supported teams that come to your ground so more will come. I have some experience in marketing and would have reduced all prices to one level. Then everybody gains. You could then monitor the effects and adjust accordingly.

#155 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

With regard to prices I wonder what sort of market research has been undertaken. Some views would say give a few freebies etc to the better supported teams that come to your ground so more will come. I have some experience in marketing and would have reduced all prices to one level. Then everybody gains. You could then monitor the effects and adjust accordingly.

Maybe they've looked at what soccer has been doing - successfully - for ten years.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#156 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

well, we made it to page 8. can we let it go now.

We want page 9!!!!

#157 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

alright, alright, i'll come!. i'll just give york a miss :D
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#158 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

i pay to watch fev perform wether its £6 or £16 :rolleyes: ..opposing team are of no interest.come on Mo its run it's course!!!...bin time!

#159 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

yup!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#160 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

alright, alright, i'll come!. i'll just give york a miss :D

Haha
hunslet hawks champions 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users