71 replies to this topic

#61 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

It's Thursday aft Gary!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#62 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

good signing all he needs is a steady ship and a coach to sail her by.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#63 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Happy with this signing. If we can keep him on the park long enough I'm sure he has the potential to be a consistent SL player.

Hopefully with Fev of course!

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#64 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

After all the signings and people leaving what is your team for next season?

#65 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

My starting 17 would hardman,saxton,smeaton, worthington,hodgson, Briggs/ kain, Finn, James, Ellis/ Kaye/ kain, crossley, spears,ingy,Hepworth

Bench dale, Lockwood,Haley,Ellis/Kaye/ kain

That would be mine before we have seen them take the field I'm sure it will change though and I've left at least 3 good players out in lamont, bostock, hallewell etc so I think for the first time in a long time we can cover any position if we get injuries. I think we're in for a better season than last season really looking forward to it.

#66 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

My starting 17 would be hardman,saxton,smeaton, worthington,hodgson, Briggs/ kain, Finn, James, Ellis/ Kaye/ kain, crossley, spears,ingy,Hepworth

That would be mine before we have seen them take the field I'm sure it will change though and I've left at least 3 good players out in lamont, bostock, hallewell etc so I think for the first time in a long time we can cover any position if we get injuries. I think we're in for a better season than last season really looking forward to it.

Sorry double post

Edited by thundergaz, 25 November 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#67 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

My starting 17 would be hardman,saxton,smeaton, worthington,hodgson, Briggs/ kain, Finn, James, Ellis/ Kaye/ kain, crossley, spears,ingy,Hepworth

Sorry double post

Plenty of reserves then TG. Doesn't it seem strange not putting Stu's name down.

#68 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Plenty of reserves then TG. Doesn't it seem strange not putting Stu's name down.

Yeah it does col by the way I did to start with😄 but yeah he would be one of the first names you would put on the team sheet.

#69 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yeah it does col by the way I did to start with but yeah he would be one of the first names you would put on the team sheet.

How about Helliwell. I see Grayshon has gone heard anything about Chappell? There is also England and Haley. I see the Northern Rail Cup is to be contested by the Championship clubs initially and then when they get to two league leaders they go into a knock out competition with the 14 clubs in our league making it 16 to play off. Sound quite exciting, but needs some publicity.

#70 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

How about Helliwell. I see Grayshon has gone heard anything about Chappell? There is also England and Haley. I see the Northern Rail Cup is to be contested by the Championship clubs initially and then when they get to two league leaders they go into a knock out competition with the 14 clubs in our league making it 16 to play off. Sound quite exciting, but needs some publicity.

As far as i know col Chappell is still with us. So like I said we must have a 30 man squad this season with bussy and the lads in the reserve team with at least 5 decent players not making the 17 we will be strong this season I'm in no doubt about that and I personally think we will be a lot stronger than last season with the cover we have for injuries we haven't been in this position for years where we can cover any position with a player not that far off the player he replaces and the players that do come in can only get better with game time. I think we are in a fantastic position to not just compete for the treble but actually get the treble this season with the cover we have. No other team in our league as got as good a cover as we have.

Edited by thundergaz, 26 November 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#71 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

As far as i know col Chappell is still with us. So like I said we must have a 30 man squad this season with bussy and the lads in the reserve team with at least 5 decent players not making the 17 we will be strong this season I'm in no doubt about that and I personally think we will be a lot stronger than last season with the cover we have for injuries we haven't been in this position for years where we can cover any position with a player not that far off the player he replaces and the players that do come in can only get better with game time. I think we are in a fantastic position to not just compete for the treble but actually get the treble this season with the cover we have. No other team in our league as got as good a cover as we have.

I think we might see more squad rotation next year, for two main reasons:-
The division will be bigger, but not necessarily stronger, and there might not be as much need to play the strongest team week in - week out.
After last years experience in the two major finals, where we lost a key player at very short notice in both games, the squad seems more resiliant and I think Daryl will rotate to ensure that covering unexpected absences are fully rehearsed.

#72 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

I think we might see more squad rotation next year, for two main reasons:-
The division will be bigger, but not necessarily stronger, and there might not be as much need to play the strongest team week in - week out.
After last years experience in the two major finals, where we lost a key player at very short notice in both games, the squad seems more resiliant and I think Daryl will rotate to ensure that covering unexpected absences are fully rehearsed.

I agree our league is a very strong league I feel sorry for teams that get promoted to our league as I think the gulf between champ and champ 1 is bigger than the gulf between the champ and SL. Our league is the strongest it's ever been and year on year it's gets stronger. So us resting players is the way to go this season I think with the extra games but I don't know whether DP will rest players because with no NRC group stage their isn't really that many extra fixtures and DP didn't tinker with the team much last season unless he was forced to with injuries. I also think the good CC run was a major factor in the two finals too as I think we ran out of gas when it realy mattered but I'm very confident DP will get it right this season as DP doesn't make many mistakes and any he does make he doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Edited by thundergaz, 27 November 2012 - 10:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users