Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Broncos fighting fit for the new season

Broncos media release

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

London Broncos will look to welcome back a trio of players in 2013 that missed the latter part of the 2012 season through injury.

Liam Colbon, who joined the club from Hull KR for the 2012 season, has undergone shoulder reconstruction and is progressing well post surgery. Colbon played eight times in his first season before the injury occurred. Head Physiotherapist, Cerian Parham has been delighted with the progress made in the off-season, saying: “Liam has worked very hard with both the medical and conditioning staff throughout his rehab and during the off-season to ensure he is in a good place to start the season.”

Shane Rodney, a high profile signing from Manly Sea Eagles in the Australian NRL, played 14 times in 2012 before being struck down with a neck injury. Rodney has undergone surgery to correct the problem and will be looking for a big 2013. “Shane had a difficult year with injuries last year but will be ready to start pre-season,” continued Parham.

Matt Cook also joined the Broncos from Hull KR for the 2012 season. He played 12 times during 2012 but suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury, which has since been operated on. Parham was also encouraged by Matt Cook’s progress saying: “Matt has also been excellent during the off-season following extensive knee surgery. He has had a very positive review with his surgeon and has commenced his running programme.”

Meanwhile David Howell has undergone a thumb operation after being injured in March 2012 and playing on throughout the season. “David has had corrective surgery for his thumb after managing it throughout the season. That has been successful and he will be ready to go for the start of the season,” Cerian concluded.

The Broncos began pre-season training today (Thursday November 1).
-ends-

London Broncos media

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Hope the Broncos have a more consistent season.Mind you,same applies to Salford and Castleford - unfortunately,someone has to come bottom.

Hope a little sensible thought has been put into the MM fixtures - Yes,a certain derby element,but also competitive and a little variety.London v Widnes for example,allowing Catalans to play perhaps Saints and maybe Wigan v Warrington - anyway,a little sensible thought please.

#3 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Looking forward to new Broncos season. Just moved back from 5 years in the states and Broncos are now my "local" club, so at least I can get my fix of rugby action. Will be getting a season ticket, but will be in the away end when Hull FC visit...

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Looking forward to new Broncos season. Just moved back from 5 years in the states and Broncos are now my "local" club, so at least I can get my fix of rugby action. Will be getting a season ticket, but will be in the away end when Hull FC visit...

Is there such a thing as an away end?

You may be thinking of soccer.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)