Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013 ticket prices

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hemel's season tickets are £85 (£10 discount for trust members) and include admission to all NRC games.

What are people willing to pay to watch this season?

#2 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

How many people will spend good money on a season ticket to watch Rugby League at slightly above amateur level,not many may be the derby game might attract 500 but the rest you might as well watch Waterhead or Saddleworth.

#3 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Well i'm looking forward to supporting my town team, no matter what the standard. They are putting together a decent squad and i am looking forward to seeing what the new coaching staff bring to the club. Come on you Yeds!!!!!!

#4 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

With the change of personnel I would imagine there could be renewed interest. With a good start and sustained success, I would expect the crowds to increase on last season, especially if some structural improvements are made to the ground.

#5 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Looking forward to the season.

Think we have a good squad who could entertain and play quality rugby.I'd like to think the crowds will increase as we do well. You can't knock what we've done since TB left so it's a case of turn up and support.

I'm not expecting a reduction in ticket prices and would rather put something in the club coffers in difficult times.

Roll on the start
One for all and all for the one

#6 OldhamGal

OldhamGal
  • Coach
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

100 quid season ticket at 10 quid a month would see me and Chris get one even though we might only make 2 games. Steady income for the club.
Ain't it funny how you think you're gonna be OK
Till you remember things are never gonna be the same again?
Ain't it crazy how you think you've got your whole life planned
Just to find that it was never ever in your hands?

My Facebook :)

#7 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

100 quid season ticket at 10 quid a month would see me and Chris get one even though we might only make 2 games. Steady income for the club.

^_^
Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#8 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

The squad seems allright on paper but its whether they can blend together.

Fans have said at the start of each of the past few seasons that we have assembled a good squad but thinks did not work out.

Lets see how they play in the Northern Rail.

On admission prices its about time the concessions for pensioners was half price two pounds off is not much of a concession compared to other clubs.

#9 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Well i'm looking forward to supporting my town team, no matter what the standard. They are putting together a decent squad and i am looking forward to seeing what the new coaching staff bring to the club. Come on you Yeds!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.

Everything I've read about the new coach is good.

The players will of course have to perform but Mr Naylor doesn't look or sound the type to put up with anything but 100% effort, commitment etc , so fasten your seat belts !!

#10 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

One factor a number of players have alluded to is Scott Naylor telling the players directly what is good, and what was not done correctly.
It seemed to infer that this was not Tony Bensons strong point.

#11 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Prices for next season need to be realistic and competitive, considering the current economic climate.
To my mind, a fiver for adults and a couple of pounds for kids and pensioners would be about right and reflect the level the team is competing at.

#12 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Prices for next season need to be realistic and competitive, considering the current economic climate.
To my mind, a fiver for adults and a couple of pounds for kids and pensioners would be about right and reflect the level the team is competing at.

Too right they should be a Fiver, and I want a stadium thats up to Old Trafford standards for that money, with leather seats , complete with arm rests, a bar where you can get a beer within two minutes of leaving my seat, a marching band at half time, and the ticket price to include prawn sandwiches to be brought to me at half time.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Too right they should be a Fiver, and I want a stadium thats up to Old Trafford standards for that money, with leather seats , complete with arm rests, a bar where you can get a beer within two minutes of leaving my seat, a marching band at half time, and the ticket price to include prawn sandwiches to be brought to me at half time.

I might be willing to pay a little more if we had all that!

Edited by bigred, 04 November 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#14 Karen88

Karen88
  • Coach
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

what!!!!!!!!!! kevin would not like that allroughyed!
REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

#15 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

I reckon about a fiver too and i think i read it on some other site that some of the other clubs in our league are charging a fiver.
I agree with bigred that this represents how much we should be paying for the level of rugby we are at.
I pay a couple of quid to watch amateur rugby so a fiver is about right.

However, if i was to put some money on it, i reckon CH will drop the prices from £12 to £10 at best.
I cant see it being priced any cheaper than that especially not such a big drop to a fiver.

#16 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

I would like to see prices dropped to £10. I think 600 at £10 is much better than 500 at £12 to bring in £6,000. I can't see it happening though.

#17 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

If it's priced at £10 or £12 this season I would be surprised to see crowds above 200 or so!
As someone has already said above, you can watch local amateur sides for a couple of pounds. Are people going to pay six times that amount for a product not much above NC standard?

#18 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Yes I think they will BigRed. Due to the fact that it is the towns professional team. The standard is well above Conference standard.

#19 Shaw Lad

Shaw Lad
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yes I think they will BigRed. Due to the fact that it is the towns professional team. The standard is well above Conference standard.

We will see how much higher standard they are if they get a top Conference team away in the Challenge Cup.
Location. Shaw, t'uther side ert pennines.

#20 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Will people pay £12 / £5 to watch Oldham v Hairnets....absolutely. Will they pay £12 / £5 to watch Oldham v University of Gloucestershire.......I suspect not.

Would people go to most games at £8 / £2......I think so. I've got 4 kids so £24 would be reasonable, may be even a discounted family ticket?