Photo
- - - - -

Sarah Jessica Parker

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#21 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

At this moment Haven hav'nt got one player that i would wont town to sign. There are far better local amatuers.

#22 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Them lot down the road are so gullible......... remember what happened when they all started panicking about Doran when their beloved players decided to wind them up!!! :lol:
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#23 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yes there isnt one haven player that i would like to see in town shirt.

#24 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Don't think you guys realise how hard this league is the top four are head and shoulders above the rest and we have a fantastic coach in Glen who has brought in quality as have all the other existing champ clubs, looking at your squad Dowes is your only addition of quality to a Champ 1 club that won nothing also Believe Whitey & Barrow will struggle along with Doncaster who were the best team in that league last year. So as a Rams fan I think your in for a major shock next year and that relegation is between yourself Whitey & Barrow as I can't knock a Yorkshire team.
Up the Rams.

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,012 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Luggsy, the season doesn't start until February so how do you know who Town may or may not sign before then. It has been quiet on here re.signings but that doesn't mean that nothing is happening behind the scenes, same at Haven and Barrow.

I see that Fev mean business though having signed 5 players from SL clubs, including DavidM's favourite Scott the HKR & Scotland winger.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Don't think you guys realise how hard this league is the top four are head and shoulders above the rest and we have a fantastic coach in Glen who has brought in quality as have all the other existing champ clubs, looking at your squad Dowes is your only addition of quality to a Champ 1 club that won nothing also Believe Whitey & Barrow will struggle along with Doncaster who were the best team in that league last year. So as a Rams fan I think your in for a major shock next year and that relegation is between yourself Whitey & Barrow as I can't knock a Yorkshire team.
Up the Rams.

I hope use go bust
bluewhitearmy

#27 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Like I say the top four Fev, Eagles Fax and Leigh speak for themselves far superior teams. Just reading the forum and some of your specys seem to think that you will find this league easy if that's the case there in for a big shock, Blue& White don't you worry your little cotton socks about our finances it seems to be an obsession with some of you specys.
Up the Rams

#28 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

I dont recall anyone saying we are going to do great things next year?
Having watched the top teams on tv we will be doing very well to anywhere near them , but its now a fair size league and with good recruitment (still needed) we would surely hope to compete with the other promoted clubs plus Hunslet/York/Swinton and even Super Dews :rolleyes:

#29 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

LUGGSY its you that as an obsession with this forum i havent seen one post that says its going to be easy, But if you think the rams are that superior it you thats in for a big shock UP THE TOWN

#30 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 705 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

Nobody has said we are going to do great things next year but i for one am confident we will stay up!!

Up the Town!

#31 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Luggsy your talking utter sh***. No one is under any illusion that next year will be easy. But it also won't be mission impossible like your making out. How many times have you seen our local lads play? So how you can
Make any judgement on our squad is beyond me. Ask the Sheffield fans who watched us play them last year how good some of our youngsters are because we pushed them last year and that was without this years additions.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#32 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Luggsy we know it wont be easy and where have any of us said on here it will??? i rekon We will genrally hold our own at home but we have some very tough away trips. Also our signings for next season aint complete yet so your post is a bit silly really isnt it

#33 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I think Luggsy is just trolling because he is a Haven fan in the guise of a Yorkshireman.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#34 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Town were the best team in the league when all the players were fully fit we just didn't have enough strength in depth

#35 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

YEP luggsy we know it going to be hard for town but god help your beloved HAVEN certs to finish bottom up the TOWN,

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hands up any of us who said we think this league will be easy ? Thought not . What a load of rubbish and pontificating drivel. You just never know what will happen , that's sport . You've just got to give yourself the best chance to do well . And there's plenty of time for that . I hope at least one of the promoted teams does really well ( not you know who ) to wipe away the smug superior attitude from some championship fans who resent their little high quality closed shop being infiltrated , and who tut tut like wise old yodas and tell us naive souls how hard to impossible it's gonna be ya know.

Edited by DavidM, 03 November 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#37 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Could be right Voodoogru its CHOCCY from parton ha aha ha

#38 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

we are town and we are gonna win the league were gonna win the league!!

#39 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,012 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Could be right Voodoogru its CHOCCY from parton ha aha ha

Now it's funny you should say that as i was trying to think who it was used to come on here and read the posts then go back on the Haven forum and twist them to make it sound better and who was also very bitter against Town. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#40 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hands up any of us who said we think this league will be easy ? Thought not . What a load of rubbish and pontificating drivel. You just never know what will happen , that's sport . You've just got to give yourself the best chance to do well . And there's plenty of time for that . I hope at least one of the promoted teams does really well ( not you know who ) to wipe away the smug superior attitude from some championship fans who resent their little high quality closed shop being infiltrated , and who tut tut like wise old yodas and tell us naive souls how hard to impossible it's gonna be ya know.

David I for one am very glad the Cumbrian teams have been promoted because you lot will have a lot better away following than the lower half of our league us fax Leigh and batley have a good following but that's about it. So I welcome you guys into our league and hope you stay up as you guys will give us more income than the likes of York dews hunslet etc good luck next season guys.