Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Season Launch night

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Click here

Posted Image

#2 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Looking forward to this event had a very good thumbs up report about the first players get together last night nothing but praise for the professional way in which Barry conducted the evening which went a long way in gelling the players and their families to be a close knit and happy team who will give 110% for each other and be more competative than ever before and even without the lads from the rhinos the squad seemed to be keen as mustard to get stuck in to some serious fitness work and be able to go 80 minutes on full tanks which in all honesty hasnt been the case in the past.There seems to be a buzz at the club so i was told that hasnt been there before looking forward to your thoughts and opinions.
chappy

#3 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I think there is a real good factor at the minute at the club, 2012 was a struggle on the pitch but with the lowest budget outside super league (excluding Gateshead and London Skolars) we did remarkable to not finish bottom of our league, we have stabilised the finances which to be fair was hard and there was points last season when it was touch and go if we would make the end of the season, but we did and we are going in to 2013 in a better position than many years before, structures have been put in place, our community work is second to non, our relations with both the council and RFL have come on leaps and bounds, things are really improving, yes we still have not got the money to become a top 4 club, but we have a hard working group of people on and off the pitch who will do there very best to make us as successful as we can be. All we can do is try things and try and run the club as professionally as we can, and i think we are doing that. I just want everyone to come together this season and show some solidarity and support the club in more ways than ever before, WE the fans now own and run the club, so join HIST, volunteer for a role, nominate your self for the HIST committee, do something to help, now is the time for every single one of us to play our part, its our club, lets make it a success.

Please come to the Launch night and show the squad and Barry that we are right behind them in 2013! We need everyone!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#4 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Spot on Gaz. Now is the time for everyone to stand up and be counted. We need some of the great ideas that have been generated on this forum to become reality. The launch night is an ideal opportunity for fans to show Barry and the board that all their hard work is not in vain. So let's have a great turnout, no excuses.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#5 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

DONT FORGET THE SEASON LAUNCH NIGHT TONIGHT!!!!!

PLEASE COME DOWN AND SUPPORT THE CLUB

The Hunslet Hawks 2013 Season Launch Night will take place tonight in the Phoenix Bar, 7:30pm start.

The main attraction of the night will be the revealing of the winning kit design which were submitted by pupils from the South Leeds Academy and voted for by you, our loyal supporters. The winning pupil will be presented with a signed shirt by Barry Eaton.

There will be a Q&A session with the coaching staff, players and Board, and Barry Eaton will be Introducing the clubs new signings for 2013.

A free raffle will take place to win a 2013 home shirt.

A fee pie and pea supper will then be followed by some exciting news as we make a MAJOR Announcement on the night.

Season Tickets will be available to purchase and we will be taking orders for the new 2013 home and away shirts.

Club merchandise will be on sale at a discount and the HIST committee will be taking HIST membership for the 2013 season, the price is £15.

Please come along to what will be a fantastic evening as we look forward to a great 2013.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#6 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

hope the night is a major sucess but unfortunately cant get over as im working tonight.great effort from all concerned.

#7 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Can't see it, everyone I've text said there not going, is a couple of pints on a friday night too much too ask? it's a shame really.

#8 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Can't see it, everyone I've text said there not going, is a couple of pints on a friday night too much too ask? it's a shame really.

Money is tight!!!

#9 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

IT WAS PACKED

#10 Willie the Pimp

Willie the Pimp
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Money is tight!!!

Might be at East Leeds robbo ;) but not at the stadium tonight, the place was packed, a great night, well done to all responsible

#11 Penola

Penola
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Never seen the bar as packed as tonight

Edited by Penola, 16 November 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#12 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

could somebody please tell me what the major announcement was.thanks

#13 HawkhillHawk

HawkhillHawk
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Really enjoyed tonight. Was with a mate who happens to be one of the teachers at South Leeds involved with the shirt design. The kid that won didn't stop smiling for about 2 hours. That sort of positive reaction has to be what we wanted from the competition.
The only negative for me was the negative questioning of the panel. Why after the months that have passed are we still so mistrusting of the "partnership"?
Nobody asked which players we were getting!

Ah well. I for one am looking forward to the coming season. Win, lose or draw, we are Hunslet and always will be.

#14 HawkhillHawk

HawkhillHawk
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

could somebody please tell me what the major announcement was.thanks

Barry Eaton signed for another season.

#15 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

thought that was a taken.was that it seriously.

#16 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

just to add that is fantastic news but wasn't expecting that to be the announcement

#17 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Great night and a cracking way to launch the season. Well done to all involved.

Love the new shirts.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#18 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Fantastic night, the Phoenix bar has never been as busy, great turn out from the families of the south Leeds academy pupils families, all the players were in attendance, and I thought again it was a really professional night! the kits are superb and the biz around the place talking to people and seeing it around the place was for all to see, very proud tonight off the links created with south leeds academy, 200 kids who didn't know who are, now have designed our kit, attended our launch night and have season tickets for 2013, if that's not a positive I don't know what is!

#19 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

As for Baz 2013 was the last year of his current deal, with 3 super league clubs offering him the role of assistant coach it's a massive for us that he's decided to sign a contract extention to the end of 2014

#20 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

I have absolutely loved this initiative and been involved from the outset feel proud tonight, on Barry he is well sought after so for both parties to be confident in agreeing an early extension before a ball is kicked says much for the relationship between the coach and the board.
Hawkeye
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users