Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Championship One 2013 Season!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I have been reading the great interest about the positive changes at Oldham and I am looking forward to the start of the season. The coaches have a great deal of experience and they look hungry for success. Hopefully this will be our season but with the restructure of the academy game the lower tiers will be a wash with talented young players. I can not wait for the new season to start! with that in mind, who will be favorites.

North Wales Crusaders have recruited well including securing Stuart Reardon again for another season. they will be challenging for top spot.

Rochdale Hornets are assembling a very competitive squad again this season and with the link up with St Helens they will be able to utilize some very talented players.

Oldham - My heart always over rules my head but with the new coaching staff and the signing of some very talented young players we should be one of the favorites. 7 seasons in the lower tier is not good enough.

London Skolars - they have lost Thorman but the link with the broncos is long over due, they will be looking to build on last season successful season, Good coach and loads of potential, Definitely playoffs

Gateshead - Another challenging season but with three new teams in the division they should pick up a few wins this seasons

South Wales Scorpions - Not much movement with signing players but they should put a competitive team onto the field and they will be challenging are a playoff spot.

Hamel and Gloucestershire All Golds are unknown quantity, they will struggle to adapt to life in the league.

Oxford Rflc - Benson's boys, they have signed some experienced ex Oldham players but again another difficult season ahead.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#2 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

I have been reading the great interest about the positive changes at Oldham and I am looking forward to the start of the season. The coaches have a great deal of experience and they look hungry for success. Hopefully this will be our season but with the restructure of the academy game the lower tiers will be a wash with talented young players. I can not wait for the new season to start! with that in mind, who will be favorites.

North Wales Crusaders have recruited well including securing Stuart Reardon again for another season. they will be challenging for top spot.

Rochdale Hornets are assembling a very competitive squad again this season and with the link up with St Helens they will be able to utilize some very talented players.

Oldham - My heart always over rules my head but with the new coaching staff and the signing of some very talented young players we should be one of the favorites. 7 seasons in the lower tier is not good enough.

London Skolars - they have lost Thorman but the link with the broncos is long over due, they will be looking to build on last season successful season, Good coach and loads of potential, Definitely playoffs

Gateshead - Another challenging season but with three new teams in the division they should pick up a few wins this seasons

South Wales Scorpions - Not much movement with signing players but they should put a competitive team onto the field and they will be challenging are a playoff spot.

Hamel and Gloucestershire All Golds are unknown quantity, they will struggle to adapt to life in the league.

Oxford Rflc - Benson's boys, they have signed some experienced ex Oldham players but again another difficult season ahead.

Interesting and informative.............thanks

#3 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

as a gateshead fan im really looking forward to the new season, so far we've signed 9new players and more to come, been a tough few seasons though finally can see good things happening at the club once again, be a very competitive champ1 season though we'll surprise a few teams everyone expects us to be whipping boys again so no pressure on us, roll on 2013...CMON THUNDER! CMON THUNDER!!

#4 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Confirmation of two promotion places. Our best chance for many years with a young keen squad and new coaching team.Let's hope the fans turn up to cheer on the lads.

"The promotion/relegation positions and the play-off format also revert back to the normal formats, This will mean two teams relegated from the Championship and two teams promoted from Championship 1, which will be the team who finishes top of the league and winner of the play-offs. There is no relegation from this league as it is the lowest tier of professional rugby league."
One for all and all for the one

#5 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

I see the University lads have signed their first player.

http://www.therfl.co...ce-first-player

#6 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Thanks,Oldham13.Seems a very balanced overview.My son lives in Wrexham and ,when there last week I got talking to some NWC fans:they have really high hopes about winning the league and of attracting a min of 1000 speccies each home match.Nice expectations (think we`ve been there and done that-but good luck to them).
As Oldham13 shows,it`s by no means an easy run for anyone and I think the standard will be higher than some are predicting.
As for us,well,before the last home match vs Workie,that was me finished:`if the management and the players can`t be bothered,nor can I` was my opinion.Now,though,Naylor seems to know what he`s doing,to be a direct bloke who`s been there and done it and to attract some decent young lads.Yes,of course,we`ve talked high in the past and failed to deliver-so the key is the performance on the pitch before you can be too optimistic.Still some time to go yet,but I`m definitley happier than I was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users