PLAY OFFS.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Wath Brow 18 Siddal 12, tight game in cold windy conditions.

#2 Mog8

Mog8
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Myton 21 20 thatto in golden point ref ruled out a perfectly good thatto try when it was 14-18 which would of put thatto 10 up with 10mins to play I was all for summer rugby but the referee's have been shocking the rfl need to sort this out or a lot of players are gonna walk away from the game

Edited by Mog8, 03 November 2012 - 05:19 PM.

"I'm 49, I've had a brain haemorrhage and a triple bypass and I could still go out and play a reasonable game of Rugby Union. But I wouldn't last 30 seconds in Rugby League." - Graham Lowe (Kiwi Coach - 1995)

#3 hunsletgiant

hunsletgiant
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

What does summer/winter have to do with the referees performance?? Was he suffering from heat stroke which therefore affected his judgement today?

#4 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Myton 21 20 thatto in golden point ref ruled out a perfectly good thatto try when it was 14-18 which would of put thatto 10 up with 10mins to play I was all for summer rugby but the referee's have been shocking the rfl need to sort this out or a lot of players are gonna walk away from the game

Players are walking away from the game but not due to a referees decision

#5 dys

dys
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Smell sore losers mog, what about Darren Woods double movement and what about Lee James disallowed try that should have been awarded? Things even themselves out don't they! Penalty count was even I believe?

#6 AndyMW

AndyMW
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

A scrappy but entertaining match, Thatto had plenty of position, possession and penalties but couldn't finish Myton off. I thought the ref was pretty even-handed, credit must go to Myton's defence and finding a way to win again.

#7 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

ref ruled out a perfectly good thatto try

They usually do something to cause Thatto to lose, teams never beat them on merit do they? Sore loser!!!
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#8 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Any video evidence? ............Thought not

At the end of the day the game couldn't go on without refs.

When I played, if a decision went against you it spurred you on to kill the game off.
Nothings changed.

#9 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Any excuse , and a poor effort toblame ref when you lose , get over it man

#10 chinaman

chinaman
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

An excellent and very tight, hard fought game on a soggy pitch up at the Brow which could have gone either way. Leroy Joe laying on both tries in the first half for the young and talented Hornets side. Shaun Garrod going in for the Chevinedgers for a 12-6 scoreline at half time. Siddal were dominant during parts of the second half but went further behind to a penalty however they fought back midway through the half as hooker Craig Sanderson skipped in following a smart move. Siddal then missed a penalty and pressed hard uphill but Brow sealed their win with a try wide out late on.
Congrats to Hornets today and on winning the league. Thank you for your hospitality and good wishes, hopefully see you all again in a couple of weeks at Widnes.

Edited by chinaman, 05 November 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#11 Mog8

Mog8
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Refereeing has been poor this year compared to last couple of year, Daz woods try wasn't double movement as no one was on him and lee James was off side all the game so his try was disallowed for offside fair calls those 2 no sour grapes myton are a good team stuck in there and all the best next week at siddal
"I'm 49, I've had a brain haemorrhage and a triple bypass and I could still go out and play a reasonable game of Rugby Union. But I wouldn't last 30 seconds in Rugby League." - Graham Lowe (Kiwi Coach - 1995)

#12 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thatto heath the origional poor losers.
Always have been always will be!

Congratulations to myton a very well balanced team.

#13 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Thatto heath the origional poor losers.
Always have been always will be!

Congratulations to myton a very well balanced team.

No body likes loosing, especially in a golden point battle. If you lose there is normally something you will find to blame the loss on, and 9 times out of 10 it's the ref, it's the easiest option. Every team that gets beat will have an excuse to why. But watching the game yesterday, there was lot of penalties for both sides, with the ref and touch judges making some poor, costly decisions. I may be proved wrong here, but I am led to believe that thatto's last try just inside the 80 that would have sewn the game up was disallowed for a forward pass, the ref admitted at the end of the game that he had made a mistake, and that it wasn't forward!!! All that said both teams dug in, myton coming out on top in golden point. All the best to myton at siddal next week, which should be another tough game.

Edited by Bruce, 04 November 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#14 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Who told you that Bruce, I bet it was a Tatty lad? <_<

#15 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Who told you that Bruce, I bet it was a Tatty lad? <_<

It wasn't wombat which is surprising, it was actually a myton spectator who over heard the ref saying he had made a mistake with the forward pass call!!! There was a few myton spectators talking after the game saying that they thought the try was legit and they didn't like going through like that but a wins a win and the decision was made. Calls like this happen all the time don't they, you just need to accept them and carry on.

#16 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

You're right there Bruce, I reckon in almost every match played this season teams have got away with tries with a forward pass in the move. Sadly
that's the way the game is nowadays, so we can't just bellyache when it goes against us in the big games, like you say you've just got to accept it.

#17 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I was at the game and myton ain't as good as people make out I no a few lads who play and there always say in pub after wards how lucky there have been at gettin decisions there shouldn't get

#18 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Your grammar makes it impossible for me to give a damn what you think Hullfan. Congratulations to Myton for progressing, it will be another tough game next week. Refs are only human and do make mistakes, I can guarantee there will have been a couple of desicions that went Thattos way in that game. It's just the way it goes and always will, even super league refs make mistakes and they have a big screen to help.

#19 Mog8

Mog8
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

When we was in the winter season we got a lot of decent refs since the move to summer they are doing championship and under 20s games and we are left with the rest. Back in the good old days who do u follow????

#20 hunsletgiant

hunsletgiant
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Sorry. Which championship/ super league games were on last Saturday?

Or were you due the kiwi who reffed the Englandv France?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users