Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Question for Marauder Ref: Pennine League

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

A few walkovers and also a couple of unexpected heavy defeats whats going on in the winter game no stag do,s or weddings to blame. opps sorry I forgot it is the school half term all the players are on holiday.

Edited by old papa, 04 November 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#2 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

A few walkovers and also a couple of unexpected heavy defeats whats going on in the winter game no stag do,s or weddings to blame. opps sorry I forgot it is the school half term all the players are on holiday.

More than a few old papa thirty walkovers so far this season. i also got told Queens got beat at home yesterday 16-60.

#3 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

It certainly highlights that be it Winter or summer its bloody hard to field two teams anymore
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#4 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

The worst time has been September and October due to players being signed up to 2 clubs playing on the same day.

#5 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Not bad for a set of pubs teams that don't have to fulfil such an high criteria ;)

Out of 387 fixtures 359 have been played
Out of the 28 fixtures not played 14 have been `A` team fixtures
Premier all games played
championship 11th/12th placed teams account for the 3 unplayed fixtures
first div 12th placed team account for the 2 unplayed fixtures
second div 10th/11th/12th placed teams account for the 6 unplayed fixtures
third div 10th/12th placed teams account for the 2 unplayed fixtures
fourth div 9th/10th/12th placed teams account for the 3 unplayed fixtures
fifth div 6th/9th/11th placed teams account for the 3 unplayed fixtures
sixth div 7th/10th/12th placed teams account for the 3 unplayed fixtures
seventh div 6th/7th/8th/9th10th placed teams account for the 7 unplayed fixtures

Notice the trend of lowly placed clubs failing to fulfil (Always happened) and the mid-table failings are `A` teams

All the unplayed fixtures in the 4th/5th/7th division are `A` except Cowley 7th div and I believe there has always been heavy defeats handed out in any division and standard, more so in the amateur game as players come and go, unless it's the Queens score that has really attracted your attention? I suppose you could look back at the 1st/June/2012 Leeds Rhinos 8 v 50 Wigan Warriors result :blink:

Challenge Cup Bradford Dudley Hill 68-12 Eastmoor Dragons :rolleyes:

Edited by Marauder, 04 November 2012 - 08:29 PM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#6 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Only pulling your leg Maraurder but also highlighting that the problem is not just a summer one, like I have stressed before it is just the game in general which has been on a down spiral of player retension for several years, you only have to look around and see how many clubs at open age level no longer exsist and it is obvious when a club as 2 teams it will be the A team that suffers. That is the same in summer or winter.

Edited by old papa, 04 November 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Only pulling your leg Maraurder but also highlighting that the problem is not just a summer one, like I have stressed before it is just the game in general which has been on a down spiral of player retension for several years, you only have to look around and see how many clubs at open age level no longer exsist and it is obvious when a club as 2 teams it will be the A team that suffers. That is the same in summer or winter.

You have to admit that this problem has always been about in the regional leagues and has only really raised it's ugly head in the NCL since it's switch to the summer.

The problem with player shortage during the initial short season was put down to players sitting it out and waiting for the first full summer season to start, when it did start the problem was still there, obviously not at every club but at enough to be a major concern to such an extent that youth players have been exposed to a standard that they are not clearly ready for.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users