Dobson to hull fc ?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just heard a fee as been agreed between hull kr and hull fc for Michael Dobson anyone else heard it

#2 geek

geek
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

R Horne going the other way!

Silly season's here!

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Unless Hudgell was about to jump ship, I'll be staggered if he sold his golden boy to Hull. And even if he was about to make way for somebody else, he's still a staunch Hull KR fan so it's highly unlikely IMO.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

I had a text saying similar lastnight until I see a new scrumhalf running out in a black and white shirt I won't listen to another rumour or piece of paper speculation again.

#5 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hull as a city can sustain two SL clubs, yeah right.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hull as a city can sustain two SL clubs, yeah right.

Although, admittedly, times have changed, can I refer the right honourable gentleman :D to this link?

http://en.wikipedia....l_League_season

Edited by Old Frightful, 04 November 2012 - 08:03 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

And this, slightly less savoury one..

http://en.wikipedia....l_League_season

#8 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Although, admittedly, times have changed, can I refer the right honourable gentleman :D to this link?

http://en.wikipedia....League_season

Isn't, that just a few, no a lot of years before SL. :rolleyes:

Also not many years after hadn't both clubs gone belly button sky wards

Edited by Padge, 04 November 2012 - 08:17 PM.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#9 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Hull KR and Cas to go for me

#10 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,001 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Isn't, that just a few, no a lot of years before SL. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter does it.

The fact is Hull sustained a Hull club at the top of the league and also sustained a Calder X111 at the top at the same time.

The town went on to sustain two championship clubs in Hull as well.

It must be some sort of record?

#11 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hull KR and Cas to go for me

to go where?

What are you on about?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#12 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

http://en.wikipedia....League_season

Hull's best season ever probably and Rovers won back to back titles the following 2 seasons making it 3 titles in 6 years for Rovers and 4 in 6 years from the city of Hull.

Heady days for RL in the city and Hull RLFC (as they were known at the time) played a significant part.

The period of course also featured the city's only Wembley win with Rovers taking the spoils and with a side packed with local players.

Can those days return?

Back then teams like Nottingham Forest & Aston Villa were champions of Europe. Much has changed.

But in the very small world of English Rugby League there is just one city alone where Rugby League permeates into the very fabric of it's being. Where Monday morning conversations in offices and factories are all about Rugby League. The city of Kingston Upon Hull.

The heady days of the 80's may not be coming back this year or soon but Kingston Upon Hull remains the biggest RL stronghold outside of Sydney & Brisbane.

Let's celebrate that there is at least one city in England where RL is so popular it can support 2 teams.

#13 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

It doesn't matter does it.

The fact is Hull sustained a Hull club at the top of the league and also sustained a Calder X111 at the top at the same time.

The town went on to sustain two championship clubs in Hull as well.

It must be some sort of record?

the record was probably for the number of clubs going belly up later.

#14 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Hull's best season ever probably and Rovers won back to back titles the following 2 seasons making it 3 titles in 6 years for Rovers and 4 in 6 years from the city of Hull.

Heady days for RL in the city and Hull RLFC (as they were known at the time) played a significant part.

The period of course also featured the city's only Wembley win with Rovers taking the spoils and with a side packed with local players.

Can those days return?

Back then teams like Nottingham Forest & Aston Villa were champions of Europe. Much has changed.

But in the very small world of English Rugby League there is just one city alone where Rugby League permeates into the very fabric of it's being. Where Monday morning conversations in offices and factories are all about Rugby League. The city of Kingston Upon Hull.

The heady days of the 80's may not be coming back this year or soon but Kingston Upon Hull remains the biggest RL stronghold outside of Sydney & Brisbane.

Let's celebrate that there is at least one city in England where RL is so popular it can support 2 teams.

But the city cannot support two SL teams.

Great rant but check what year, or even century we are in.

#15 Forever Trinity

Forever Trinity
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hull FC sign major sponsorship deal with Mexican brewers of Desparado

http://www.desperado...beer.com/gb/en/

Desperate or what :rolleyes:

#16 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'd love to get a pair of these Hull spectacles through which Dobson is clearly seen as some sort of rugby god.

He and Holdsworth would represent a very mechanical, well-disciplined halfback partnership, but don't come looking for excitement.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#17 slowdive

slowdive
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

But the city cannot support two SL teams.

For whatever reason HKR's business plan isn't working, but given the size of their attendances I would say the city certainly can support two SL clubs.

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

#18 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

For whatever reason HKR's business plan isn't working, but given the size of their attendances I would say the city certainly can support two SL clubs.

It can't, it won't, end of.

#19 slowdive

slowdive
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

On that basis we might as well cull Castleford, Widnes, Salford, Broncos, Huddersfield and probably Wakefield. Nonsense.
"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

#20 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

bradford, padge???????? their business plan was hardly watertight was it??

Edited by Viking Warrior, 04 November 2012 - 11:20 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users