Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Solar PV Panels

Anyone got them

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 789 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Are popping up more and more,prices are dropping and with governments "Feed in Tariff"they seem to be a good investment over a long period and with fuel prices anticipated to rise by 7% per year for the next 10 years.
Just wondered if anyone has any experience or knowledge of them?what products are better than others,any drawbacks,maintenance costs,basically whats the pros and cons.

#2 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

We have them and have made a 40% saving on last years bill.We use a system where the panels are mounted on a rail that's fixed to the roof and the company cover all maintenance costs.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#3 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

We have them and have made a 40% saving on last years bill.We use a system where the panels are mounted on a rail that's fixed to the roof and the company cover all maintenance costs.

Cheers for that,was beginning to wonder if anybody on here had heard of them :rolleyes:.

Did you buy them or a you under the rent a roof scheme,40% savings pretty good though,especially with the price hikes coming in

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

I've been doing some work on a housing association site in Leeds. The houses, for rental tenancy, are being constructed with solar panels built in to the roofs rather than sitting on the roofs. I'm not sure whether the individual households benefit though.

I think they will look okay because all the houses will have identical fitments.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Cheers for that,was beginning to wonder if anybody on here had heard of them :rolleyes:.

Did you buy them or a you under the rent a roof scheme,40% savings pretty good though,especially with the price hikes coming in

Rent a roof scheme,we used a company called "A shade greener"
We are lucky in that the back of our house is directly south facing,so got the maximum amount of panels on the roof.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 06 November 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#6 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

I've been doing some work on a housing association site in Leeds. The houses, for rental tenancy, are being constructed with solar panels built in to the roofs rather than sitting on the roofs. I'm not sure whether the individual households benefit though.

I think they will look okay because all the houses will have identical fitments.

I do know of a scheme, set up by Barclays, where they would ring fence energy costs for ten years. The trade-off to that was all the properties under the consumer's ownership would be covered in PV/solar panels.

#7 a j cougar

a j cougar
  • Coach
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Rent a roof scheme,we used a company called "A shade greener"
We are lucky in that the back of our house is directly south facing,so got the maximum amount of panels on the roof.

That sounds interesting, just read their blurb and they do lifetime boiler scheme also.

What were they like as a company? Hassle free?

#8 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 789 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

the question is rent the roof for 40% free electric,or buy a good quality 4KW system ,get the free leccy and the FIT money which "A shade greener" are benefitting from.

#9 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

That sounds interesting, just read their blurb and they do lifetime boiler scheme also.

What were they like as a company? Hassle free?

No hassles,all very helpful and had no cause to deal with them since the panels have been fitted.

#10 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Id recommend any renewable energy sources to anyone.

With the constant rising in electricity bills and the reported shortage of fossil fuels, I think its imperative that people should look at these energy sources.

The government wont, no money in it that way.

Cummins Out.

#11 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

a bit worried by the 25 year rent the roof scheme,estate agents reckon it would be hard to sell your house and "A Shade Greener" have no buy out policy.
A 5k system will pay for itself in 5 years with the free leccy added to the"Feed in Tariff"which is indexed linked.Better return than an ISA.
Just need to reseach now whats the best system for output.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users