Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like the natives are getting restless

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Rugby Leaguer & League Express, 5th/Movember/2012, page 27, Amateur News

We all know that the League committees guide the directions their clubs and leagues go in and in most cases club reps only turn up to a meeting to stop a fine (We had a secretary who never used to go to many meetings years ago simply because they where boring and the fine was less than the petrol costs)

It looks from this report that the rumblings from the shop floors are not very favourable towards summer rugby with the same problems being stated that we've gone over an upteempth time.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 Old school

Old school
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Wow your boring!!!!!!!
its down to individual choice and opinion regards to summer or winter but having PLAYED both this year it's same same all year round regards to holidays lads stag weekends Christmas work events weddings christenings ect ect the game in general is suffering will continue to do so as life styles and attitudes have changed from yester year the days have gone were you could work half day Saturday and play I know the two clubs I have been involved in have suffered to this not because of what the weather is like I enjoy reading this forum but its starting to get rather boring every conversation turning in to the big debate when it's not relevant at all !!!!!!!! By the way this is just my opinion so no need to have a paddy with your reply ok cocka ;)

#3 Old school

Old school
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Wow your boring!!!!!!!
its down to individual choice and opinion regards to summer or winter but having PLAYED both this year it's same same all year round regards to holidays lads stag weekends Christmas work events weddings christenings ect ect the game in general is suffering will continue to do so as life styles and attitudes have changed from yester year the days have gone were you could work half day Saturday and play I know the two clubs I have been involved in have suffered to this not because of what the weather is like I enjoy reading this forum but its starting to get rather boring every conversation turning in to the big debate when it's not relevant at all !!!!!!!! By the way this is just my opinion so no need to have a paddy with your reply ok cocka ;)

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Wow your boring!!!!!!!

:o "Both" ha ha "So it's not relevant that clubs at meetings are starting to question summer rugby? Looks to me that the bullsh it looks to be finally hitting the fan!

#5 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

(In) regards to holidays, lad's stag weekends, Christmas, work events, weddings, christenings etc, the game in general is suffering (and) will continue to do so, as lifestyles and attitudes have changed from yesteryear. The days have gone, where you could work half day on a Saturday.......

Punctuated for the sake of the English language

Lifestyles and attitudes have always changed. If they didn't, we would all still be playing and watching Rugby Union!

Playing at Christmas has hardly ever been an issue, as it usually involves a 2 week break. Watch this year in the Pennine League. Few teams will play between 16th December and 4th January

The impact on clubs of playing games in the summer months is greater than the winter. Without a doubt.
Even the RFL are now conceding this point. They are conducting a variety of surveys to try to make the summer a success.
Let's see what they come up with. :rolleyes:

Edited by Cutsyke Raiders, 05 November 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#6 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Rugby Leaguer & League Express, 5th/Movember/2012, page 27, Amateur News

We all know that the League committees guide the directions their clubs and leagues go in and in most cases club reps only turn up to a meeting to stop a fine (We had a secretary who never used to go to many meetings years ago simply because they where boring and the fine was less than the petrol costs)

It looks from this report that the rumblings from the shop floors are not very favourable towards summer rugby with the same problems being stated that we've gone over an upteempth time.

And here was silly me thinking at first sight that this thread was about the meeting called by Phil Hodgson as chair of Castleford and Featherstone ARL at Shawcross for 14th November , supported by Oldham ARL and Heavy Woollen ARL , to be chaired by Leeds ARL

A 'tight ' agenda is promised relevant to District Leagues.

Doesn't sound like Barla are running that meeting......

And if that's the case , maybe the natives really are getting restless..... :(

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

And here was silly me thinking at first sight that this thread was about the meeting called by Phil Hodgson as chair of Castleford and Featherstone ARL at Shawcross for 14th November , supported by Oldham ARL and Heavy Woollen ARL , to be chaired by Leeds ARL

A 'tight ' agenda is promised relevant to District Leagues.

Doesn't sound like Barla are running that meeting......

And if that's the case , maybe the natives really are getting restless..... :(

Peter the article in the League Express doesn't say anything more than what has already been discussed on this site, the only difference is the voice is getting louder and it's coming from the clubs and not the guiding committees.

Edited by Marauder, 05 November 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#8 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Peter the article in the League Express doesn't say anything more than what has already been discussed on this site, the only difference is the voice is getting louder and it's coming from the clubs and not the guiding committees.

Fair enough Marauder. Processes are in place to collate the feedback properly.

In the meantime though , don't sidestep my point......

What on earth is Phil up to ? His e mail went out sunday evening to all district Barla members but no mention anywhere in the trade press , including his own. . And the Leagues mentioned are die hard Barla ......

Maybe it's something and nothing - just inter - league perhaps ? but it doesn' t look like that from the outside . Have you seen an agenda ?

And what has happened to Barla general meetings.? Surely that's the proper forum even now..... otherwise the natives are more than just restless , they're potentially in revolt......

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Fair enough Marauder. Processes are in place to collate the feedback properly.

In the meantime though , don't sidestep my point......

What on earth is Phil up to ? His e mail went out sunday evening to all district Barla members but no mention anywhere in the trade press , including his own. . And the Leagues mentioned are die hard Barla ......

Maybe it's something and nothing - just inter - league perhaps ? but it doesn' t look like that from the outside . Have you seen an agenda ?

And what has happened to Barla general meetings.? Surely that's the proper forum even now..... otherwise the natives are more than just restless , they're potentially in revolt......

It's about recent RFL activities etc, like breaking long standing agreements between the RFL & BARLA.

#10 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,941 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

@Marauder you used to be very pro summer rugby and your club was a member of the summer RLC. What changed?

#11 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

It's about recent RFL activities etc, like breaking long standing agreements between the RFL & BARLA.

Just trying to work out whether this meeting is taking place with Barla approval , without their agreement or regardless of Barla.

A ' tight ' agenda is promised. Should be interesting.......

But still believe that if you are in a trade union / organisation that's where you should raise issues and make them fight the fight on your behalf ( assuming of course you have right on your side...)

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Just trying to work out whether this meeting is taking place with Barla approval , without their agreement or regardless of Barla.

A ' tight ' agenda is promised. Should be interesting.......

But still believe that if you are in a trade union / organisation that's where you should raise issues and make them fight the fight on your behalf ( assuming of course you have right on your side...)

As long has everything is clear and transparant and no hidden hand outs or privleges are being offered :huh: with personal egos being left at home, I'm ok

Edited by Marauder, 05 November 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#13 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,731 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

I still wouldn't be surprised if the Pennine League take over from BARLA.

#14 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

I still wouldn't be surprised if the Pennine League take over from BARLA.

Why does it have too?

The RFL have been trying to fuel egos on the Pennine committee for some time with the promise of running the game for the RFL in Yorkshire at tier4.

#15 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,731 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Why does it have too?

The RFL have been trying to fuel egos on the Pennine committee for some time with the promise of running the game for the RFL in Yorkshire at tier4.

They run about 80% of the open age winter game better than BARLA could anyway

#16 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

They run about 80% of the open age winter game better than BARLA could anyway

Pennine committee and BARLA have completely different roles to play within the amateur game, I'd say running the Pennine or any other league is a lot harder than running the association.

#17 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Well done Jim, 10000 posts, and 9900 of them about summer rugby / RFL since last March! :)

To be fair the RFL have recently done something totally counter productive that even the most rule happy blazered BARLA committee member would be proud of. :angry:
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#18 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

@Marauder you used to be very pro summer rugby and your club was a member of the summer RLC. What changed?

Well done Jim, 10000 posts, and 9900 of them about summer rugby / RFL since last March! :)

To be fair the RFL have recently done something totally counter productive that even the most rule happy blazered BARLA committee member would be proud of. :angry:

Tim I've also been tracking your mood and comments over the last 12 months and I could be wrong but IMO you don't seem to be that happy with the way the RFL are conducting themselves, I also have a feeling your starting to see through the little hand outs to soften committees, clubs and players.

#19 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

I've nothing against summer rugby or winter rugby and my summer posts are not directed against a single club.

#20 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

No they havent, youve got half the facts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users