TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like the natives are getting restless

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#21 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

No they havent, youve got half the facts.

I've now got all the facts and I do understand why they've done what they've done, sadly the end result is still the same. The whole incident makes me even more sceptical about having scholarships at all.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#22 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Oh dear, the 'S' word. What's happened now?

#23 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Oh dear, the 'S' word. What's happened now?

Nothing to see here. Move on. :)

The details of the case aren't that important. I've given up trying to understand how the performance pathway works as it changes all the time and I certainly think that the community game is the last thing that is considered when the performance strategy is developed.

#24 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Nothing to see here. Move on. :)

The details of the case aren't that important. I've given up trying to understand how the performance pathway works as it changes all the time and I certainly think that the community game is the last thing that is considered when the performance strategy is developed.

You'll be on my side soon as more and more changes by the RFL eat into all your hars work, It wouldn't surprise me if all your players who are involved with service areas/academies don't get sent to Hillsborough Hawks very soon. (This was a RFL plan a few years ago but amateur clubs didn't likr it, but now the MOU's have been signed the amateurs have lost control of their own destiny)
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#25 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Was flicking through this months RLW at the train station today and saw the article on summer rugby. Was interesting to see the comment from the chairman of Crigglestone All Blacks speaking out against summer rugby. It was slightly ironic to read it, as most of his club's players and coach played for Walton in the summer league this year, and Crigg are struggling now they are back in the "rugby season" to put a team out on the pitch.

Whenever you play, it will not always suit some people, but it is difficult to believe that the coming generation of players, brought up on summer rugby, would choose to play in the winter over summer in this country.

#26 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Was flicking through this months RLW at the train station today and saw the article on summer rugby. Was interesting to see the comment from the chairman of Crigglestone All Blacks speaking out against summer rugby. It was slightly ironic to read it, as most of his club's players and coach played for Walton in the summer league this year, and Crigg are struggling now they are back in the "rugby season" to put a team out on the pitch.

Whenever you play, it will not always suit some people, but it is difficult to believe that the coming generation of players, brought up on summer rugby, would choose to play in the winter over summer in this country.

South Wakefield Sharks where based at Crig, why did they fold after one summer season (2004)?

Lets be right, Walton failed to run a stand alone team themselves and now have a city and it's surrounding areas to draw a team from for the summer.

Edited by Marauder, 09 November 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#27 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

south wakefield folded because the players (me included) couldn't be ar$ed playing back to back for 4 seasons (winter, summer, winter, summer). however, crigglestones problems struggling to put out a team this season are more deep rooted than a summer/winter debate, and one of the many reasons i left the club.

#28 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,246 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Didn't South Wakefield Sharks play 2 seasons (2004 and 2005)?

#29 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

south wakefield folded because the players (me included) couldn't be ar$ed playing back to back for 4 seasons (winter, summer, winter, summer). however, crigglestones problems struggling to put out a team this season are more deep rooted than a summer/winter debate, and one of the many reasons i left the club.

Not sure about the problems but they seem to go hand in hand at a lot of clubs including my own up to about 8 years ago.

#30 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Didn't South Wakefield Sharks play 2 seasons (2004 and 2005)?

Thinking back they may have done as we where moved into the North Midlands division and lost touch with Yorkshire for a few seasons.

#31 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

yeah we did thinking back, although in 2005 we were already struggling for numbers. that were the season we went to wetherby and lost 66-1 lol

#32 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

You'll be on my side soon as more and more changes by the RFL eat into all your hars work, It wouldn't surprise me if all your players who are involved with service areas/academies don't get sent to Hillsborough Hawks very soon. (This was a RFL plan a few years ago but amateur clubs didn't likr it, but now the MOU's have been signed the amateurs have lost control of their own destiny)

That definitely won't happen - Hillsborough Hawks I mean.

There may well be a tier 3 club with some connections to Sheffield though. This has already been discussed on here, though not in any detail (think it was in the NCL3 thread)
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#33 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

That definitely won't happen - Hillsborough Hawks I mean.

Check out Hillsborough's under 17s team sheets over the next few weeks.

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Check out Hillsborough's under 17s team sheets over the next few weeks.

Tim maybe you can understand why some BARLA rules that seemed a little strange at times & anti productive where in force, these rules where never introduced directly by the BARLA committee but came from a democratic vote from the shop floor to protect smaller clubs from the jaws of the elite building clubs.

Take a look and the people on here who are banging the drum for the RFL and then check which clubs they are involved with and which clubs are benefitting from the elite squad building, I'm sure you will find a link :rolleyes:

#35 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Tim maybe you can understand why some BARLA rules that seemed a little strange at times & anti productive where in force, these rules where never introduced directly by the BARLA committee but came from a democratic vote from the shop floor to protect smaller clubs from the jaws of the elite building clubs.

Take a look and the people on here who are banging the drum for the RFL and then check which clubs they are involved with and which clubs are benefitting from the elite squad building, I'm sure you will find a link :rolleyes:

True Jim, but the league in question has rules in place to prevent mass transfers and will be ignoring them. The league is BARLA through and through and is not engaging at all with the new Youth and Junior Group.

#36 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

True Jim, but the league in question has rules in place to prevent mass transfers and will be ignoring them. The league is BARLA through and through and is not engaging at all with the new Youth and Junior Group.

Who is the chairman of the league in Question and which clubs are the controlling committee involved with?

#37 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 998 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Who is the chairman of the league in Question and which clubs are the controlling committee involved with?

Who does Chair the Yorkshire Combination? It used to be Carole Land didnt it?

#38 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Who does Chair the Yorkshire Combination? It used to be Carole Land didnt it?

Just checked and it still is Carole, what league are ND Chargers playing in?

Edited by Marauder, 12 November 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#39 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Just checked and it still is Carole, what league are ND Chargers playing in?

Yorkshire Juniors. Neither the YJL nor the RFL can stop the players going to the other league, and indeed coming back again next year.

The whole thing is very hard to explain to parents from non-heartland areas who are new to the sport. They have received confusing and mixed messages and all they see is people bickering, some rules being applied in a very draconian way and others being ignored - not good for the sport.

#40 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yorkshire Juniors. Neither the YJL nor the RFL can stop the players going to the other league, and indeed coming back again next year.

The whole thing is very hard to explain to parents from non-heartland areas who are new to the sport. They have received confusing and mixed messages and all they see is people bickering, some rules being applied in a very draconian way and others being ignored - not good for the sport.

I feel for you and your committee Tim, we've had it for years and once these players have been used it's rare many of them filter straight back into the amateur game, I'm sure you will know why this is happening now when it didn't before don't you?

It's all bad for the game and a blind man without an ego could have predicted this happening at all levels within the amateur game as soon as the RFL started bribing egos in one area of the game before moving onto the next, from what I'm hearing some of these egos need to have a reality check before they end up like Jericho.

Edited by Marauder, 13 November 2012 - 02:42 PM.