England RL media release

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

England Rugby League forward Gareth Ellis has been cleared by the Tournament Match Review Committee to play against France in the Autumn International Series final at Salford City Stadium on Sunday (5.00pm).

Eliis was placed on report following a high tackle on French full-back Cyril Stacul in the 14thminute of Saturday’s game at MS3 Craven Park but after reviewing the incident this morning, the Match Review Committee deemed that no further action was necessary.
-ends-

Nathan Clarke
Media Executive

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

So knocking a person unconscious is no longer considered dangerous play and worthy of a ban? Jeez. The review committee keeps changing its mind.

#3 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Agree, surprised at this.. Intentional or not it was worth a one match ban.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#4 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

It happened straight in front of us and nobody in our vicinity thought it was bad, including half a dozen French fans.
The injury (I'm sure there was a little flock of robins flying around his head) was unfortunate, nothing more, nothing less.
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#5 fcl

fcl
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

It happened straight in front of us and nobody in our vicinity thought it was bad, including half a dozen French fans.
The injury (I'm sure there was a little flock of robins flying around his head) was unfortunate, nothing more, nothing less.

I hope you do not cry if you see the same gestures on the other side this Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7pF9wIfWtso

Edited by fcl, 05 November 2012 - 07:52 PM.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

#6 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

I hope you do not cry if you see the same gestures on the other side this Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7pF9wIfWtso

On the contrary, I watched that several times and haven't changed my opinion.
It's a tough game and thought Ellis went in hard and fair.
Think the knock-out was more a whiplash type injury rather than impact with the head.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#7 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Is it always robins or is that just your subconscious love bubbling to the surface?
People called Romans they go the house

#8 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Solid tackle, nothing wrong with it....

#9 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Is it always robins or is that just your subconscious love bubbling to the surface?

:D god forbid !

Just thought it seemed apt ;)

They should have ran Stacul into the Robins Nest Bar, the smell would have had him straight back on his feet!

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

#10 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

You can't stiff-arm someone around the head, it was poor technique and that made it dangerous.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#11 fcl

fcl
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

watch the replay from 0:58 to 1:05
www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

#12 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

At least a one match ban.
That is not a legitimate tackle in any sense, all tackles are supposed to at least initiate below the neck.

Ellis is not new to this type of tackle, it has been in his repertoire for a long time.

Edited by AndyCapp, 05 November 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#13 Human Punk

Human Punk
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I thought it was worth a ban. I'm very surprised to see this outcome.

Is Stacul out for this weekend (I'm just wondering - I'm not suggesting this is relevant to any punishment Ellis should have received)?

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'm surprised that anybody can think that this was a fair tackle. Fair enough, people may disagree about the severity and intent, but you can freeze-frame it and see Ellis hit the bloke in the head.

It was reckless, he did not control the tackle, and if these come off wrong, people should be punished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users