TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Keith Ashcroft RIP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kent Roughyed

Kent Roughyed
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Ex Saints, Warrington, Bradford, Wigan and Oldham front rower Keith Ashcroft has sadly passed away. Keith gave great service to Oldham in the early 70s. Condolences to Keith's family.

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

sad to hear RIP Keith Ashcroft

Edited by fieldofclothofgold, 05 November 2012 - 07:11 PM.

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,747 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

From here: http://www.roughyeds...keith-ashcroft/

Former Oldham Rugby League Club forward Keith Ashcroft, who played 121 games for the club between 1970 and 1976, has died in hospital in Wigan, aged 72.
He was a hugely experienced front-row man, aged 30, when Oldham paid Wigan a £2,000 transfer fee to bring him to Watersheddings shortly after the dawn of a new era in the club’s history.
At the end of a disastrous 1969-70 season, when Oldham finished 29th out of 30 clubs in a single division, the committee was voted out of office en bloc and replaced by nine new officials and a new chairman in former Rochdale Hornets and ex-Rugby League Council chairman Arthur Walker. They brought in former Rochdale Hornets and Huddersfield player-coach Graham Starkey in a similar role at Watersheddings and Keith Ashcroft was one of the new regime’s first signings. He had started his pro career with St Helens 11 years earlier and later played for Bradford Northern, Warrington and his hometown club Wigan before ending his career at Watersheddings at the age of 36 after giving solid service for the best part of six seasons.

His funeral service will be at St Stephen’s Church, Whelley, Wigan, WN2 1BL at 10.45am on Thursday and then at Lower Ince Crematorium, Cemetery Road, Lower Ince WN3 4NN at 11.30am.

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

sad to hear RIP Kevin Ashcroft

Keith, not Kevin.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Keith, not Kevin.

yes Ive just realised.I know the difference but it was first post I saw when I logged on it was a typing error.my apologies
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK