RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Signed Australian Test shirt

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Recently come into possession of a fully signed Australian test shirt with 22 signatures on it.
Signatures i can make out so far are:
  • Matt Bowen
  • Danny Buderus
  • Matt Cooper
  • Petro Civonoceva
  • Jason Ryles
Think another maybe Matt Sing. Anyone able to tell me what the full squad was and what year it was?

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Well, Matt Bowen only played twice for Australia, which was in the period 2004-2005. Here's some Wikipedia bumf:

In 2004, "Bowen was selected in the Australian Kangaroos squad for a Tri-Nations series against New Zealand and Great Britain. His selection followed a season in which the Cowboys finished one match away from qualifying for their first NRL Grand Final. He played as fullback in a tour match against Cumbria, scoring a try, although did not play in the Tri-Nations series, with Anthony Minichello preferred as the Kangaroos' fullback. However, after the Tri-Nations series, he made his Test debut in a one-off match against France in Carcassonne, that Australia won 52–30. On the touring squad's return journey to Australia, he scored three tries in a non-Test exhibition match against the United States in Philadelphia."

That should help you narrow it down, unless he signed the shirt as a non-playing squad member.

Edited by Futtocks, 05 November 2012 - 04:24 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

why they cant write legibilly is beyond me!

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

:lol: Absolutely fantastic!

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

:D

Leggy Billy didn't make his debut until 2008, he won't be on there.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

As Futtocks says 2004
Don't know where Buderus fits in.

http://www.rugbyleag...-australia.html

#7 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Maybe becuase its a signeture and not printed?
:lol:

#8 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

As Futtocks says 2004
Don't know where Buderus fits in.

http://www.rugbyleag...-australia.html

If it's 2004, Buderus was hooker in the full strength team for the Tri-Nations, not Wing.

Everybody remember the Tri-Nations Final that year? 40 minutes of almost perfect football from the Kangaroos and it was 38-0. Game over. This place went into meltdown.

#9 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Everybody remember the Tri-Nations Final that year? 40 minutes of almost perfect football from the Kangaroos and it was 38-0. Game over. This place went into meltdown.

Even the Kangaroos looked a bit shocked by that performance!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#10 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

If it's 2004, Buderus was hooker in the full strength team for the Tri-Nations, not Wing.

If you asked Viking Warrior and Lesmets about that era now, they'd swear blind it was GB that won, in front of an 80,000 sellout at Wembley.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#11 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I am talking about the French Test where Bowen was in the team as per the link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users