Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Is it just a matter of time before Rugby League in the UK dies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I think the OP is fishing but I personally think CWID is right. RL is more razmataz than a sport with little competition and low level drama over the season. The drama is for about 1 game so the marketing is on full blast but from a weedy pipe.

If you compare even with football, this week we get the 2nd round draw for the FA cup. The drama and excitement is whether a non league side can meet a Premier league team in the 3rd round. There was an interview on 5live with the Harrogate Town coach and the Hastings Town coach who drew each other. It was intriguing enough for me to consider attending the game. Not because of the 3rd round reward but because the tie seems so evenly matched played out by dedicated sportsman.

Hold on a minute, you and several others on here deride SL non stop and by default claim most RL is pointless. Yet you are willing to wax lyrical about football? Is it ok for them to have a top division but not RL?

Are championship games not played between evenly matched sportsmen? Why are you willing to see positives in soccer, a game that truly has pulled up the drawbridge on lower clubs yet constantly see everything as pointless in RL?

Maybe you should start following Harrogate Town, I'm sure they will be in the PL anytime soon.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#22 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,677 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

I quite like Rugby League me. Anybody else?

I'm Spartacus! :)

#23 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

No doubt John Drake will tell me the justification for retaining this thread?

I do like how people assume we're on this board all night (look at the time of the original post) and miss nothing.

A very serious point here: If you're unhappy with a thread USE THE REPORT BUTTON. Don't rely on ESP or us reading every single post on the forum.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users