Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lewis Palfrey

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chiefgeneral

chiefgeneral
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi Guys,

Lewis has signed for us at Oldham.

How do you rate him?

#2 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Had very little game time for us tbf. However one game when he started, at Fev in NR cup played on a quagmire, he had a decent game especially with his kicking from hand. Personally would have liked to have seen more of him at Batley this season but understood he was going to Oz?

#3 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

It was hard for him to get a look in last season with the quality we already had in the positions he plays. That being said, when he did play he didnt look out of place. Good player and good kicker too.

#4 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Had very little game time for us tbf. However one game when he started, at Fev in NR cup played on a quagmire, he had a decent game especially with his kicking from hand. Personally would have liked to have seen more of him at Batley this season but understood he was going to Oz?

Agree about the Fev game , to me he dominated from half back and his kicking game was excellent. I believe he was going to Oz in tandem with Alex Brown but when Alex signed for Hull KR he was going solo to Oz to play for Derryk Fox' team , believe Fox has a 3 year contract out in Oz for coaching.

Good luck Lewis and Thank you. Decent capture for Oldham.
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#5 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Agree about the Fev game , to me he dominated from half back and his kicking game was excellent. I believe he was going to Oz in tandem with Alex Brown but when Alex signed for Hull KR he was going solo to Oz to play for Derryk Fox' team , believe Fox has a 3 year contract out in Oz for coaching.

Good luck Lewis and Thank you. Decent capture for Oldham.

he didn't sign for fox's team the work he had planned other than rugby fell through spoke to the lad other day as he came back to the club for his stuff. also he wished the best for the club and the club wished him the best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users