Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rochdale RL represented at the Tri Nations Final!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Rochdale Cobras mini RL teams have been asked to walk out with the England players in Sundays final at Salford!

The kids (and the coaches) are bouncing with excitement, weve got an army of family members going over so keep your eyes peeled for Rochdales furture RL stars.

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Yes HT, I was talking with a very proud father on Saturday night who told me his son is one of the lads leading out the players. Apparently, he's a really good prospect who is getting interest from all over but wants to play for HORNETS!!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Houghy?

I coach the 9's and although they are still very young, i can tell you there are some very talented young players amongst the under 7's 8's and 9's at Cobras, plus many more around the borough. Cobras players aren't blessed with the best facilities in Rochdale, the fact they and their parents choose for them to play on Firgrove is testament to the close knit bunch we have.

These kids have really earned this day out, which I think will go a long way to solidifying RL as their No1 sport! I think its something Hornets could do a lot more of in an effort to engage the boroughs youngsters.

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

i will be there to cheer them on, great day out for the kids
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#5 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

No it wasn't Houghy but I don't know whether he'd want me to give his name so I won't, but he's a great fan and his lad is a good all-rounder but not big-headed.

I haven't had the chance to see any local amateur rugby for a while due to health problems but as soon as I can I will be doing he rounds to see these prospects coming through.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#6 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hope you all saw the mini Rochdale Cobras on telly yesterday, quite a surreal experience but an awesome one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users