RLWC to switch on Xmas lights

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Beats some nomark out of Coronation street or Emmerdale.

http://www.hornetsru...cle.php?id=9778

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I was going to post that it was the first inanimate object to switch on a town's Christmas lights...

...but then I remembered that Eamonn Holmes performed that very same duty in Belfast.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

The Rochdale WC orgainisation is doing an excellent job of promoting the tournament in the town. This is a great idea as many people having nothing to do with RL will attende the Christmas lights event and this will inform them of the RLWCF game scheduled for Rochdale.

From what I have read re such events and advertising boards for the WC and the fact that there is a Fijian diaspora in Rochdale, I am confident there will be a decent attendance for this fixture.

I know I will be there. I have my tickets already.

#4 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

The RLWC trophy is also switching on the Leeds lights (with Kevin Sinfield)

#5 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Good move there as well.

#6 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

From everything ive seen and heard Im very impressed with how proactive Rochdale are being with the World Cup, it can only be a good thing and should hopefully be rewarded with a full house next year!

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

From everything ive seen and heard Im very impressed with how proactive Rochdale are being with the World Cup, it can only be a good thing and should hopefully be rewarded with a full house next year!

It'd be good to know what the other host towns and cities are doing, too.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users