RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Players / Coaches on the move

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#61 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Everyone else posting on here is posting about players and coaches on the move from last season to this not from 2011

#62 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Some sarcastic remarks as well over players being paid and moving from clubs,,, thats why i have done such an in depth reply.....

and getting sarcastic replies from you

#63 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

yeah but from last season not from 2011 when all them apart from Leon Brennan last played for Leigh East

#64 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Some sarcastic remarks as well over players being paid and moving from clubs,,, thats why i have done such an in depth reply.....

and getting sarcastic replies from you

Thought you'd gone to Hilton Park now

#65 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

who???? me .

#66 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

who???? me .

Yes. That's what I heard (although I thought it was a little odd)

#67 fatbirdsneedlovintoo

fatbirdsneedlovintoo
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Tom hill left corn to play for york lokos also danny caldwell signrd a pastry as you play contract for greggs rflc

#68 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Yes. That's what I heard (although I thought it was a little odd)

I haven't gone any where Jaguar !!!!! ( I am interested in who you think I am) ;)

#69 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I haven't gone any where Jaguar !!!!! ( I am interested in who you think I am) ;)

I thought you were Janet. Perhaps not.

#70 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

i read in the league express that dave hull has signed for rochdale hornets from thatto heath, cracking centre that lad from when ive seen him play,

Alex Mclurg Danny Davies Alex Trumper have these three also signed for rochdale from thatto or just on trial?

#71 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

jaguar who are hilton park?

#72 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

The breakaway team from Leigh East. Going playing in the NW Mens League.

#73 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

There a new team thats formed in leigh,a few teething issues because east compained to league saying it could affect them because theres not enough players to go round but i think its been sorted now and hilton park had to pay a £500 bond,i think it a joke because a lot of lads left because of the way the club was going so its there own fault so they should look at themselves and stop blaming new teams because they never complained when centurions had a team a couple of seasons ago because they was ex miners lads

#74 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

who has left leigh east to join them?

#75 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

who has left leigh east to join them?

Quite a few but other lads have left and gone miners and pats because they still want to play at highest level

#76 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

There a new team thats formed in leigh,a few teething issues because east compained to league saying it could affect them because theres not enough players to go round but i think its been sorted now and hilton park had to pay a £500 bond,i think it a joke because a lot of lads left because of the way the club was going so its there own fault so they should look at themselves and stop blaming new teams because they never complained when centurions had a team a couple of seasons ago because they was ex miners lads

There isn't enough players to go round. Unless you go round with your eyes closed, it's the same players moving around. The league shouldn't have accepted Hilton Park imo. If the Easts lads wanted to leave, then there's plenty of other clubs for them to go to in Wigan and Leigh. New teams that start at the expense of other established clubs shouldn't be allowed to start up.

#77 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

There isn't enough players to go round. Unless you go round with your eyes closed, it's the same players moving around. The league shouldn't have accepted Hilton Park imo. If the Easts lads wanted to leave, then there's plenty of other clubs for them to go to in Wigan and Leigh. New teams that start at the expense of other established clubs shouldn't be allowed to start up.

well they've just had a local comp and there was 8 teams in it and alot of players did play plus there must be about 8 to 10 teams in wigan but pats dont complain plus a few was on about jacking in all together but with hilton park starting up they've decided to carry on playing,like i said earlier it was only a couple of years ago that there was 3 teams in leigh and east didnt moan then, if they are that bothered they should have listened to the lads but they didnt so for me they cant moan about it

#78 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

So how come the shaw cup was played with 8 teams ?????
You are wrong Jag !!! there arent enough teams in Leigh palying at the right levels,,, we are a town with Elite Rugy and if you do not fit in where do you go......and Leigh East should be one club that realises this with how well the 3rd team has done in recent years....... ?????

The RFL want development and increase in participation in RL ,,, not lads walking away and never playing again...

How come Hilton Park has started at the expense of Leigh East ?????
If players arent happy to play for a club/coach/committee,,, after trying to speak with them and come to some amicable decisions ,,, what do they do?????

If we as a town with 50,000 population cant have more than 2 clubs with open age teams ,,, when you look at other towns of a similar size...Wigan who is twice the size of Leigh have approx 11 clubs with junior and OA set ups...

IMO Jaguar u seem to be blinkered.

#79 boselecta

boselecta
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

What a load of ######. Do you mean 'if they won't play for Leigh east they're not playin for anybody ' ???? That's the ###### attitude Leigh east have and the underhand tactics east are pulling at the moment has cost Hilton park £500 to enter the league. Just shows how desperately sad that club is nowadays when they feel threatened by a pub team.

(null)
ooooh ya minge teasin #### ya !!

#80 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

how have leigh east cost them £500?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users