Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Players / Coaches on the move

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#81 boselecta

boselecta
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

They Issued a letter of objection stating certain issues why Hilton park shouldn't be allowed to enter the north west mens league which resulted in them asking Hilton park for a £500 bond to enter the league. East are using Hilton park as an excuse as to why so many lads/coaches have left the club. They need to look in the mirror rather than try and shift the blame onto others.
ooooh ya minge teasin #### ya !!

#82 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

how have leigh east cost them £500?

because they've sent a letter of concern then when hilton park got in the league they sent another letter of objection saying hilton would end up costing the league money because they would not fulfill their fixtures so the league has made um pay £500 before they can join,for me its sad when a club like east are bothered about a pub side thats formed so lads that dont want to go miners or a team in wigan can carry on playing and having a good crac as well

#83 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Sad that John would they rather you lads not play at all , its good that the Town can have another team to keep the big two on their toes .
It will be hard to sustain the team we struggled at the Lions with not enough strength in depth but we at the craic and had a good couple of years while it lasted.
Good luck to all at Hilton Park hope it works out ,and to those left at the EAST dont concern yourselves with the lads that have left look after the lads that remain .

#84 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Sad that John would they rather you lads not play at all , its good that the Town can have another team to keep the big two on their toes .
It will be hard to sustain the team we struggled at the Lions with not enough strength in depth but we at the craic and had a good couple of years while it lasted.
Good luck to all at Hilton Park hope it works out ,and to those left at the EAST dont concern yourselves with the lads that have left look after the lads that remain .

I just think its sad Mick when the're blaming Hilton Park, Its their own doing, all the lads want to do is have a game and a good laugh afterwards

Edited by kaykie, 20 January 2013 - 10:47 PM.

#85 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

If there hadn't been problems at Leigh East there wouldn't be a Hilton Park team so the whingeing from East is a tad pathetic. It doesn't say much for the NWC that they listened to Easts and demanded a bond.
Good luck to the new team, it gives me another option for my entertainment.
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#86 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Have all the clubs not been asked to put up a bond ?

#87 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Have all the clubs not been asked to put up a bond ?

Did centurions have to pay a bond when miners complained Mick,oh sorry miners didnt complain because they wer'nt threatened by a pub side

#88 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

£500 is a ridiculous amount of money to ask a new side for.... I would imagine that this is Mr Lowe 's idea ,,,,,

Most new teams do get asked for a bond ,, but never known one at £500 ??

The RFL are killing the local community game!!!!

#89 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

To be fair John neither East or Miners gave us any problems and we mainly got lads who had either stopped playing or were new to the game .
When we folded a lot of the lads went playing for the Miners and have carried on playing so we at least got the lads back into the game .

I dont suscribe that Leigh and its surrounding areas can not faciltate another open age set up it can. there are loads of lads who are willing to play given the correct enviroment.

East will survive as will the Miners but for anyone to try and put obstacles in the way of the Hilton Park outfit must see them as a threat .

#90 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

To be fair John neither East or Miners gave us any problems and we mainly got lads who had either stopped playing or were new to the game .
When we folded a lot of the lads went playing for the Miners and have carried on playing so we at least got the lads back into the game .

I dont suscribe that Leigh and its surrounding areas can not faciltate another open age set up it can. there are loads of lads who are willing to play given the correct enviroment.

East will survive as will the Miners but for anyone to try and put obstacles in the way of the Hilton Park outfit must see them as a threat .

a few lads have gone down that were not playing for either east or miners but want to get back playing so if anything its got lads back playing the game which can only be good for me

#91 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Thats what we are all about or should be and thats getting more people playing and enjoying the game pity some people dont follow that ethos !

#92 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

they got there own clubhouse or just playing at a local park / playing fields etc?

#93 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

they got there own clubhouse or just playing at a local park / playing fields etc?

miners junior section are letting them play at their ground and then back to the Hilton Park pub for fun and games

Edited by kaykie, 21 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#94 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

good luck to them, rather sad that a big club like leigh east trying to cause problems for them, the more teams playing rugby league the better

#95 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Too many new teams popping up all over the place in areas that don't have enough players to sustain them, and don't have the youth sytem to last. They just devalue the bigger clubs cos thats usually where the majority of players come from. Unfortunately too many players prefer to be a "big fish in a small pond rather than fight for a place at a higher level. Eccles, particularly have suffered from this in recent times. Apart from East and Miners, Leigh is littered with failed club names. Victoria, Bedford Brewery, Three Crowns, Leigh Harriers etc, etc. Good luck to Leigh East - a club I have always admired. Don't know or care who is responsible for the current situation but its a shame when you think of the great history of the club and all the great players who have turned out for them. Hope they sort themselves out soon.

#96 bountyhunter

bountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

getting a bit boring now this

#97 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Too many new teams popping up all over the place in areas that don't have enough players to sustain them, and don't have the youth sytem to last. They just devalue the bigger clubs cos thats usually where the majority of players come from. Unfortunately too many players prefer to be . Eccles, particularly have suffered from this in recent times. Apart from East and Miners, Leigh is littered with failed club names. Victoria, Bedford Brewery, Three Crowns, Leigh Harriers etc, etc. Good luck to Leigh East - a club I have always admired. Don't know or care who is responsible for the current situation but its a shame when you think of the great history of the club and all the great players who have turned out for them. Hope they sort themselves out soon.

a "big fish in a small pond rather than fight for a place at a higher level, shouldn't that read plaice?
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#98 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Witty retort ,get in there Max :lol:

#99 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

£500 is a ridiculous amount of money to ask a new side for.... I would imagine that this is Mr Lowe 's idea ,,,,,

Most new teams do get asked for a bond ,, but never known one at £500 ??

The RFL are killing the local community game!!!!

The joke is that a club can call off 6 games before they get a fine and then the fine is £60 and there are no on field punishments (points deduction or relegation) and often you get to replay the game. Yet they do this.

I'm led to believe the bond is so high because Hilton Park wanted to start at division 2 rather than division 4 so kind of a bribe for promotion

#100 boselecta

boselecta
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Bribe for promotion ?? Wtf are you on about, you don't half spout sum ###### on these forums. Clubs are asked to inform the NWML if they don't agree with their provisional league placements and inform the NWML of the level they see themselves capable of especially new teams. Hilton park see themselves capable of division 2 which is were they ended up. No need for any 'bribe'. Like somebody said earlier it's gettin boring now.
ooooh ya minge teasin #### ya !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users