TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Players / Coaches on the move

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#101 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I was accusing the league of wrong not the club. I have no problem with Hilton Park joining at division 2 (it's not fair on the other division 4 clubs to make them start there for one thing) but the league insisted on payment before they'd let them do it.

Edited by bowes, 23 January 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#102 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

So who bribed who then Bowes ?

#103 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

The league said they'd only let Hilton Park step in at division 2 level if they paid £500

#104 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

RFL run league

#105 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Even though I think summer is a better time to play (without wishing to restart that debate done to death elsewhere) I do think the NWCL was better run than the NWML so it's a shame it couldn't stay with BARLA in the summer like happened in Cumbria

#106 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I do think the NWCL was better run than the NWML

No idea how you could have come up with that conclusion!
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#107 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Turning a blind eye to forfeited games which was one of the downfalls of the RLC. Maybe a sensible approach to divisions 3 and 4 but not sensible at premier division level

#108 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Just a fact Nwc open age was an still is an excellent administered league run by dedicated volunteers .

#109 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Turning a blind eye to forfeited games which was one of the downfalls of the RLC. Maybe a sensible approach to divisions 3 and 4 but not sensible at premier division level

thats one issue so cannot justify the general statement! and yes, there were other issues but overall the running of the things was better last yera than experienced before.

anyway, not an NCL discussion so will leave it there.

Edited by mmp, 25 January 2013 - 08:02 AM.

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#110 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Just a fact Nwc open age was an still is an excellent administered league run by dedicated volunteers .

The NWCL hasn't been well run this year. They've just randomly scheduled games with no thought to if anyone could complete their league fixtures.

#111 cheesecretary

cheesecretary
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

David Lowe back as NCL administrator from Monday

#112 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Back to normallity then, good news IMO

#113 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

I think they're scrapping the tier 4 role and instead looking to use local volunteers

#114 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

The NWCL hasn't been well run this year. They've just randomly scheduled games with no thought to if anyone could complete their league fixtures.

What a load of tosh !!!!!!!

#115 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

What a load of tosh !!!!!!!

So you're honestly saying Eccles and Dalton will end up playing as many games as say Rylands or Higginshaw?

#116 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

So you're honestly saying Eccles and Dalton will end up playing as many games as say Rylands or Higginshaw?

Eccles joined the competition half way through the season - so it's fairly obvious that they won't play as many games as the others. Does that matter Bowes? A winter competition was provided, very competently, for the teams that started at the beginning of the winter season (September). Eccles have taken advantage of tagging onto the back end of that competition - with no desire to win the league, brownie points or anything else - but to fulfil a requirement at our particular club level.

How you can say anything detrimental about the running of the NWCL is beyond me - and it's even more bizarre that you're not even in that competition.

#117 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

The thing is it unbalances the league massively unless it's going to be a merit league

#118 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Or had no direct involvement .

We can comment because we know the people who have ran it successully for years and been involved with ,and where did the Lancs Ncl clubs come from ? To try and discredit people who have had their countless number of years dedication and commitment to the amatuer game( and not on fat salaries i might add) ackknowledged by both the RFL and BARLA is unbeleivable .
Correct me if I am wrong but i,m sure RG actuall was on the NCL management team when it first kicked off .

#119 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Back to normallity then, good news IMO

Yes David runs a tight ship and is well organised but let's not forget that Carol Savage did an excellent job over the last twelve months.

#120 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Or had no direct involvement .

We can comment because we know the people who have ran it successully for years and been involved with ,and where did the Lancs Ncl clubs come from ? To try and discredit people who have had their countless number of years dedication and commitment to the amatuer game( and not on fat salaries i might add) ackknowledged by both the RFL and BARLA is unbeleivable .
Correct me if I am wrong but i,m sure RG actuall was on the NCL management team when it first kicked off .

So you've never criticised a decision at SL or Championship level?

Ron Girvin has a good record over the years but this year has been a shambles with a very haphazard approach to fixturing. Arguably he didn't have much to work with but I'm sure something better could have been managed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users