Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Players / Coaches on the move

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

So you've never criticised a decision at SL or Championship level?

Ron Girvin has a good record over the years but this year has been a shambles with a very haphazard approach to fixturing. Arguably he didn't have much to work with but I'm sure something better could have been managed.

Methinks that you have said enough on this subject Bowes. It must be quite apparent to you that the people over in Lancashire who have ever been involved in the NWCL won't hear a bad word against Ron.

#122 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I still think having a balanced fixture list is just about the most important part of running a league so think it's unforgivable unless they have a plan that hasn't been announced. If he lives up to his past record though hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and run a better structure next year.

#123 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I still think having a balanced fixture list is just about the most important part of running a league so think it's unforgivable unless they have a plan that hasn't been announced. If he lives up to his past record though hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and run a better structure next year.

I'm biting here - but believe me, no-one is interested in what you think. When you have the experience - and knowledge - of a lot of us on this forum, then you can try and tell us all what you think. But at the moment, you're just going too far.

#124 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm biting here - but believe me, no-one is interested in what you think. When you have the experience - and knowledge - of a lot of us on this forum, then you can try and tell us all what you think. But at the moment, you're just going too far.

You don't care what I think but believe me plenty of people do. I've been involved longer than you may think at some level or other albeit not in the NCL.

I won't carry this issue of NWCL fixturing on any further as we're just repeating ourselves and it's boring for everyone involved.

Edited by bowes, 25 January 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#125 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

You don't care what I think but believe me plenty of people do. I've been involved longer than you may think at some level or other albeit not in the NCL.

I won't carry this issue of NWCL fixturing on any further as we're just repeating ourselves and it's boring for everyone involved.

You kid yourself my friend. You haven't been involved as long as I have, believe me. And yes, your right - you've not been involved in the NCL. How I hope all the clubs voting your club in wasn't a big mistake. We'll soon find out.

#126 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

You kid yourself my friend. You haven't been involved as long as I have, believe me. And yes, your right - you've not been involved in the NCL. How I hope all the clubs voting your club in wasn't a big mistake. We'll soon find out.

I don't doubt that but this will be my 5th year on a league committee which gives me a right to an opinion. It doesn't mean you have to listen to it so please put me on ignore as I will now do with you.

#127 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't doubt that but this will be my 5th year on a league committee which gives me a right to an opinion. It doesn't mean you have to listen to it so please put me on ignore as I will now do with you.

YESSSSS! Success!

5 years?? B) Wow. And you think that makes you knowledgeable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users