Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Waite to Catalans

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

David Waite has signed at two year deal as assistant coach at the Dragons. I bet he didn't come cheap.

http://en.catalansdr...2012-11-07_2364

#2 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

I wonder how many loose forwards find their way into the Catalan team next season...
Posted Image

#3 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

A very good coach, I'm disappointed we couldn't get a coach of his calibre at London. He has a track record of developing systems and bringing on coaches and players. He developed systems which brought on several world class players in the Newcastle/Hunter region swell as being the first GB coach and Technical Director to implement strategic processes for world class performance, I actually think he would be a good shout for France coach in a technical director capacity in order to harmonise systems and assist France League in making the transition from semi pro to fully professional, this is a very shrewd and good hire.

#4 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

A very good coach, I'm disappointed we couldn't get a coach of his calibre at London. He has a track record of developing systems and bringing on coaches and players. He developed systems which brought on several world class players in the Newcastle/Hunter region swell as being the first GB coach and Technical Director to implement strategic processes for world class performance, I actually think he would be a good shout for France coach in a technical director capacity in order to harmonise systems and assist France League in making the transition from semi pro to fully professional, this is a very shrewd and good hire.

I agree. I great man for putting in systems and player development pathways etc. This is what the French game needs.

Met him a couple of times at RLC launches where his seminars were well worth attending.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

His team selections were shocking though.

Horne on the wing?
Four loose forwards in one starting line up?
Karl Pratt?!

Reckon we'd have beaten the Aussies in 2003 under another coach to be honest.
Posted Image

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

His team selections were shocking though.

So being assistant coach would seem to play to his strengths, which should be to the Dragons' benefit.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

So being assistant coach would seem to play to his strengths, which should be to the Dragons' benefit.

Hopefully so.
Posted Image

#8 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Pleased as punch about this. It was Waite who first pushed for Frayssinous to leave the playing side behind in 2006 to start a coaching career at just 29 years. Just to have Waite back some where in the French game presently is to me a real bonus. Yet again the Dragons pull quality people in after the likes of Menzies and Anderson.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

I think this is an inspired move. Chapeau les Cats!

#10 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

#11 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Congratulations sir, a very well reasoned argument. -_-

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users