Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Polish RL Money Problem?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 druzik

druzik
  • Coach
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

HI guys,

Yes, look money issues are always there for new nations. The thing that dictates who or where we play is cost obviously. Its very cheap to fly or get the train to some areas and not others. We have talked with the Czechs, but where theyn would have hosted games it would have been 3-4 times more expensive than flying to Hungary where there were very cheap flight. But being unable to secure funds, those tickets go up closer in time.

Greece and Italy have also been considered because we can get very cheap flight there as well. Rome is very cheap. Greece a bit more expensive. B ut everything is an option. We also need to make sure that we now play nations and teams that are closer to our level of playing. the Pioneers tour was greta to get the games going, despite the big scores. the players were hooked, but now we need to have competitive games for players not to be discouraged.

Its all a fine balancing game of who to play where to play and when to play and getting the money to do it. The RLEF has helped us immensley and there is no way at the moment anyone can say anything bad about them. They have done all they can in their power to help us out. But remember that we are not part of the RLEF yet, we still have a long way to go in getting the organisation up and running properly with a board and all that. we are slowly getting there but till we do that, the RLEF is limited to what it can do.
"It appears to us... that the time has now come to organise a World Cup Series - indeed we feel it indispensable" - Paul Barriere

Read RLIS' blog
RLIS on facebook
Follow RLIS on twitter

#22 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hi Dan. Hope the backs getting better. What about Rail passes especially for students or car sharing etc? I may have a team they can play against in 2014, maybe even 2013 and possibly in Poland from here. We would be independant from RLD and RLEF. Will keep you up to date how things go

#23 druzik

druzik
  • Coach
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi Dan. Hope the backs getting better. What about Rail passes especially for students or car sharing etc? I may have a team they can play against in 2014, maybe even 2013 and possibly in Poland from here. We would be independant from RLD and RLEF. Will keep you up to date how things go

Yes that is a possibility. Need to talk to Lukasz to see what can be done there for 2013.
"It appears to us... that the time has now come to organise a World Cup Series - indeed we feel it indispensable" - Paul Barriere

Read RLIS' blog
RLIS on facebook
Follow RLIS on twitter

#24 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

He's a good lad is Lukasz, was nice to meet him in August!

#25 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

News to me that Poland (or indeed Hungary or Greece) had a rugby league team.

I'm new to this part of the forum due to being on the Dewsbury rams forum, but I'm with it's fellow, it is news to me aswell, I'm surprised rugby league is even heard of over in eastern europe
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#26 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm new to this part of the forum due to being on the Dewsbury rams forum, but I'm with it's fellow, it is news to me aswell, I'm surprised rugby league is even heard of over in eastern europe

You have a lot of homework to do. Try Googling RL in Ukraine, Russia, Serbia Chzech republic,Hungary

#27 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

It's not. It's only played in Australia, NZ, France and the M62 corridor. All the other teams are either made up or filled with Aussies.

#28 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

That's is why you need to view the international section more. There's a big wide world outside of West Yorkshire.

http://www.rlef.eu.com/index.php

Edited by deluded pom?, 14 December 2012 - 08:59 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#29 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,978 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

That's is why you need to view the international section more. There's a big wide world outside of West Yorkshire.

Correct. Although some posters may get a nosebleed at the thought......

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#30 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

You have a lot of homework to do. Try Googling RL in Ukraine, Russia, Serbia Chzech republic,Hungary

I knew RL was big in Russia, the others not so much, they're suprises...

It's not. It's only played in Australia, NZ, France and the M62 corridor. All the other teams are either made up or filled with Aussies.

...That, not so much a suprise

It would be very needed for me i guess

#31 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

RL isn't big by any stretch of the imagination in Russia KTR although it is still played there. See what I mean KTR? It took you two days to check back here ;)

Edited by deluded pom?, 16 December 2012 - 09:32 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#32 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

KTR, check out the RLWC next November. You will see a wide selection of international teams for knockdown prices right in your back garden. There are games at Halifax, Huddersfield and Leeds.

#33 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

...That, not so much a suprise

It would be very needed for me i guess

Just finished the Danmark Rugby League Forbund meeting for December.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#34 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,978 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Edited by Johnoco, 19 December 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#35 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,978 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Just finished the Danmark Rugby League Forbund meeting for December.

And?? How did it go?

#36 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

And?? How did it go?

Viiga Lima is the Players' Player of the year. He is also responsible for coaching the game in Jutland to school kids, though he was a clear shoice for his on field perfomances alone, which included side-stepping a high profile Super League player.

More news, particularly around Copenhagen and Skåne will be coming out in the new year.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#37 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

I await with bated breath Bob.

rldfsignature.jpg

#38 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,978 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Viiga Lima is the Players' Player of the year. He is also responsible for coaching the game in Jutland to school kids, though he was a clear shoice for his on field perfomances alone, which included side-stepping a high profile Super League player.

More news, particularly around Copenhagen and Skåne will be coming out in the new year.

Nice one. Thanks for the info. .....who was the sidestepped player? No names? ;)

#39 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

RL isn't big by any stretch of the imagination in Russia KTR although it is still played there. See what I mean KTR? It took you two days to check back here ;)

I understand what you mean.

#40 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

I understand what you mean.

Is that you in your avatar next to MA?

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users